Tune up shop 'lottery wheel' broken

Sir_Bee

Last night I sat down to play some more Payback, trying to clean up the collectibles.  I bought the Regera, and when I went to the tune up shop to get some parts for it, the 'lottery' glitched on me.  I would pick the aspect to lock in, I would click X, it would consume my parts, make the sound for the spin, but do nothing and not give me a part.  I tried disconnecting and reconnecting.  I tried closing the game and re-opening.  I even loaded up a different car (my derelict mustang that was already at 399) and it worked for that, but then when I loaded my Regera again, it would go back to its glitched state.  I looked online briefly last night, and couldn't find anything that would help, so I gave up and went back to watching the Punisher.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions for how to fix it?  I have already wasted about 15 parts trying different things to get it to work...

2 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

Will deleting the game data require me to re-download it, or just re-install in?  I am also switching my games over to my PS4 pro, likely this weekend, so that may happen anyways.

Thanks for the advice though :)

Yeah you''ll have to re-download it, patches and all. It won't take too long depending on how fast your internet connection is :) 

It isn't an issue of speed, it is an issue of bandwidth cap.  I will just have to set my router up to download it overnight, when I have no limit.  It frustrates me sometimes that we do not have a native ability within the PS4 software to choose when we want downloads or updates to happen.

7 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Is the PS4 Pro just sitting there in your house right now? Cuz if so, why don't you just do the data transfer direct from one to the other? 

It is just sitting there. I was waiting until my TV arrived on the 9th.  I was not aware that I could direct transfer between two systems.  I will have to look into how to do that.

Just now, Sir_Bee said:

I will have to look into how to do that.

Connect them both to the same network (WIFI or LAN) and on the Pro, go to settings and I think the option is in System menu. It's called "Transfer data from another PS4" or something obvious like that. 

You'll have to sign in for every account that is being transferred, and confirm whether you want to make the Pro the primary console for each account, so have your passwords handy. You'll also have to change channel and sign in on the old PS4 the data is being transferred from, IIRC. 

It takes a while once it gets started (I transferred 1.54TB and it took 9 hours, so calculate and allow time accordingly).

But it's probably more convenient than wrestling with your daytime data caps and cloud saving, etc. (I'd still back up your saves from the old PS4 to an external HDD, just in case.) 

• Like 1

That sounds easy enough.  I assume that would then wipe the old PS4?  Does it transfer all game data as well, ie updates and such, or just save files?

I also have my saves backed up to the cloud, so I will just make sure that everything is still there.  And I only have the one account on that system, and it is not the primary system, so that should work out easily.

Thanks for the information :)

1 minute ago, Sir_Bee said:

I assume that would then wipe the old PS4? 

Nope, you have to do that on the old PS4 manually afterwards if you're planning on selling it or something. 

1 minute ago, Sir_Bee said:

Does it transfer all game data as well, ie updates and such, or just save files?

It transfers everything - game saves, game data, updates, anything you've captured with the Share button. It's a complete and total transfer. 

I'm assuming you've still got a 500GB HDD in your original PS4 and a 1TB HDD in your Pro btw, I have no idea what happens if the data on the original PS4 is more than the Pro can accept...

4 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I also have my saves backed up to the cloud

Good plan! ;) 

It is good that it does not wipe the PS4, as that would be a good way to make sure everything transferred well without losing the data.

I do only have a 500GB ps4 currently, and it is not full.  The pro is 1 TB, so should have no issues there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to transfer about 1TB in 4 hours or so myself. Make sure you have a CAT 5E or CAT 6 Ethernet cord for quicker data transfer. A CAT 5 cord said it would have taken me 36 hours. The type of the cord should be printed somewhere on the cord itself. 

Edited by skateak

I found this issue too, and i found a fix.

Turns out, you only need to buy a part first, then do a roll. No need to transfer data or stuffs.

This actually happened to other cars as well, not just regera. However, we often find this issue in regera because regera is the only car with all 18 cards pre equipped, so you always feel you don't need to buy a card first and go straight away to rolling.