“Ninja Runner” WARNING

Darkette

So you may or may not know that this trophy is in fact glitched in a bad way. Basically upon going in the Selfish portal to attempt this trophy, you’ll need to do an entire deathless run from that point onwards. If you die and press “New run” it doesn’t actually deduct the death from the previous run, but it carries it onto the new run and you won’t get the trophy at the end, despite doing it deathless. To avoid this, each death you get you need to press “Return to inkorp hall” and try again from the portal entry. 2 things that could cause this to glitch.

1 ~ The off screen death counter doesn’t reset and is completely bugged 

or

2 ~ The first level isn’t being registered as complete. This could be because upon pressing “new run” it doesn’t display the level 1 loading screen like it would via the portal, instead it just puts you straight on that level. 

Hope this helps you guys out. This wasn’t an easy process to figure out as it took 5 deathless runs of testing theories as to what glitches it exactly, Hell I even bought the Canadian version for nothing at all. Hope this helps :P 

EDIT: Forgot to note, I have notified the developer and he now knows about the current situation and is working on a patch. It will however be a post January patch so don’t expect anything too soon. Just use this workaround for the meantime. I’ll update when this is patched.

Edited by Dark
Dyslexia apparently
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2017 at 9:57 AM, Darkette said:

So you may or may not know that this trophy is in fact glitched in a bad way. Basically upon going in the Selfish portal to attempt this trophy, you’ll need to do an entire deathless run from that point onwards. If you die and press “New run” it doesn’t actually deduct the death from the previous run, but it carries it onto the new run and you won’t get the trophy at the end, despite doing it deathless. To avoid this, each death you get you need to press “Return to inkorp hall” and try again from the portal entry. 2 things that could cause this to glitch.

1 ~ The off screen death counter doesn’t reset and is completely bugged 

or

2 ~ The first level isn’t being registered as complete. This could be because upon pressing “new run” it doesn’t display the level 1 loading screen like it would via the portal, instead it just puts you straight on that level. 

Hope this helps you guys out. This wasn’t an easy process to figure out as it took 5 deathless runs of testing theories as to what glitches it exactly, Hell I even bought the Canadian version for nothing at all. Hope this helps :P 

EDIT: Forgot to note, I have notified the developer and he now knows about the current situation and is working on a patch. It will however be a post January patch so don’t expect anything too soon. Just use this workaround for the meantime. I’ll update when this is patched.

Hate to revive a dead tread, but did they patch this?