Problems with sound

jackhnatejko

Hi,

I wonder if anybody else is having the same problem. Basically, everything is fine during gameplay, but when it comes to cut scenes there is no sound during dialogue. You can hear the background sounds, but you can't hear what the characters are saying whatsoever. I've reinstalled the game - it didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks for help! ?

Edited by Jacek_Bytomianin

20 hours ago, PsionicDreamer said:

Haven't had this problem with mine either, but the same thing happened to me with Fallout 4 and The Last Of Us. Have you tried to switch the sound settings to stereo? Because that fixed it for me.

Will try tonight, it may work. 

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This is a known glitch but there's not much you can do except wait it out and pray the sound returns :(.

That's a shame. 

22 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

Whoa, that sounds bad. I can't say I've encountered this problem on my copy of Darksiders II. I wish I had a suggestion beyond the one you tried (reinstalling). For the here and now I'd suggest subtitles until you get it fixed, atleast that way you can still play it.

It's bad indeed. I thought about subtitles but it's not the way I'd like to enjoy the story. I'm a huge fan of the first one, was well looking forward to this installment. You can imagine the level of disappointment when it happened. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/21/2017 at 9:27 PM, dawid182 said:

Same thing happend to me. I changed in settings on ps4 language on English(UK), than after I turn on DS2 more files start to download, after that everything was fine.

After my original post I decided to uninstall the game and started playing something else, as none of the suggestions from fellow players helped. I've reinstalled this again last night, will try it as soon as I get back. Thanks! It sounds like it may actually work. ?

Edited by Jacek_Bytomianin

• 11 months later...

I've always found the sound cutting out is a cascade to crashes.

In my experience it goes like this: some sound effects will cut out but not others, then more sound effects and music will cut out, finally only a few sound effects remain, then inevitably the game will crash.

Of course the game will also crash without the sound issue. Because who doesn't like that when you're midway through a Crucible level?

This game is a mess of bugs. Visual glitches, sound problems, unresponsive buttons, being knocked into inescapable areas, low res textures, objects and environments randomly popping in and out, terrain glitches, invisible objects appearing that you get caught on, visible glitched objects appearing that you can't get past. Honestly, this is supposed to be the "definitive" version? It's a mess.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I installed ds2 yesterday and had the same problem with the voices in cutscenes. I put the system language to english uk and the problem was fixed. Ds2 is a great game but i think it's very sloppy that the developers haven't fixed this problem yet

• Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 8:09 PM, P_Pigly_Hogswine said:

I've always found the sound cutting out is a cascade to crashes.

In my experience it goes like this: some sound effects will cut out but not others, then more sound effects and music will cut out, finally only a few sound effects remain, then inevitably the game will crash.

Of course the game will also crash without the sound issue. Because who doesn't like that when you're midway through a Crucible level?

This game is a mess of bugs. Visual glitches, sound problems, unresponsive buttons, being knocked into inescapable areas, low res textures, objects and environments randomly popping in and out, terrain glitches, invisible objects appearing that you get caught on, visible glitched objects appearing that you can't get past. Honestly, this is supposed to be the "definitive" version? It's a mess.

Besides some low res textures (not a bug or glitch) and some game design issues like Death being able to climb on invisible walls for a bit before slipping down, the only serious issue I've had so far is 1 crash in 12 hours.

I turned the damage indicators off in the beginning as suggested by many, playing on Pro with Boost Mode ON and running game through Extended USB 3.0 Storage. 

Great game so far, turned out to be far better than expected.