Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2018

September          October

S 36                     S 34

A 10                     A 14

B 4                       B 4

C 6                       C 5

D 12                     D 12

E 10                     E 9

In October I played the new Overcooked DLC Surf and Turf which was really good but still need to get the last two trophies for the 100%. I finally after 3 years went back to Lara Croft the Temple of Osiris to finish off the story as its such a short game. Spiderman's DLC dropped last week so i finished that off and am playing the ultra difficulty on NG+ to get the 100% back on that as well. Hopefully in November i'll get around to playing ACO inbetween Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu on the Switch. 

Edited by Niamh5445
  • Like 2

I haven’t updated since June I think. Had a busy end of summer and not a lot of time to game in July and August. Only got 9 trophies in July. August was a little better at 27. Got back into hunting in September, hit my 20th plat with Dragon Age: Inquisition. 

Stats since June:
S: 14->25(+11)
A: 9->10 (+1)
B: 3->5(+2)
C: 5->4(-1)
D: 4->1(-3)
E: 2->0 (-2)
Completion %: 58.73 -> 75.01
Unearned Trophies: 693->538
Platinums: 12->25

I updated my goals last time I posted.
S Rank Goal: 30+
C Rank Goal: <10
D Rank Goal: 0
E Rank Goal: 0
Completion goal: 75%
Unearned Goal: <500

Looks achievable but I’m not sure I’ll be able to get Skyrim to C rank before the year is over since I never play it. I also have plans to start 2 new games before the year is over and that will bring my completion % down. If I get and complete the Spider-Man dlc, that will help the completion %, as would finishing the bo3 story,  but I’ll be cutting it close.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 0:03 AM, Arctic Cress said:

Now

E ranks: 16
D ranks: 26
C ranks: 17
B ranks: 11
A ranks: 58
S ranks: 173
Completion: 70.70%

E ranks: 19 (up 3)
D ranks: 28 (up 2)
C ranks: 19 (up 2)
B ranks: 12 (up 1)
A ranks: 57 (down 1)
S ranks: 175 (up 2)
Completion: 69.32% (down 1.38%)
New: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (E), Dynasty Warriors 9 (D), Gal*Gun 2 (C), Shining Resonance Refrain (D), SoulCalibur VI (C), Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! (B), Valkyria Chronicles 4 (E), Yakuza Kiwami 2 (E)
Completed: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory (A to S), Word Sudoku by POWGI (New to S)

hi kill your completion 8

ouch

But hey I finished my goal of getting 175 S ranks by the end of the year. Gotta think of the positive side of things.

I have one month so I'll try to get it back over 70% again so I can at least get back to where I started at the beginning of the year. I'm very close to a few platinum trophies so that should help with that.

• Like 2

OK, after a few "side projects", I'm back on track with 96.38% completion and 141 unearned trophies. It's a new record, but there's no way I'll reach all my goals this month. At least I don't have ranks lower than A. Maybe I'll see 97% completion soon. I plan to finish Zen Pinball 2 by the end of December and get a few more trophies in Resogun, and maybe my team will get to co-op missions in Uncharted 3 leading to a couple of trophies from it as well.

Then I'll just let myself go. It will be something like "kill your completion" event. I'm going to run through my backlog adding as many games as possible. But to do this, I need to return to my lair and finish all the checklists - migration, purchases, PS+...

Gonna set my priorities like this (from top to bottom):

0) Games from my current list get some mandatory time (60-90 minutes, then I do whatever I want)

1) Single-player games with no DLCs or online trophies (difficulty doesn't matter as long as all trophies are obtainable)

2) Single-player games with no DLCs but with easy online trophies (online done first)

3) Single-player games with DLCs and with easy online trophies (if present, no matter if online trophies belong to DLCs or main list)

4) Single-player games with difficult/grindy online trophies, but no DLCs

5) Single-player games with difficult/grindy online trophies with DLCs (no matter if online trophies belong to DLCs or main list)

6) Multiplayer-only games (almost never, special cases only)

Current games with online trophies are prioritized (Resogun, Uncharted 3 and Killzone: Shadow Fall). After that, I'll be able to add other games with online trophies (one per platform - PS4, PS3, Vita). If it's an easy Platinum, I do it in one go to clear out disk space. If it's something difficult/grindy, I play for the story first. Then I do other trophies until I get bored. Then I do something else.

Let's see how far I can go, and maybe I'll be back to this challenge the year after. I have so many old games to play and I'll be glad to migrate my favorite series like Mass Effect, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed and God of War, abuse some Telltale stacks, check out some hidden PS+ gems, and get my Platinum count to 100+ along the way ?

Update for me. 

King's Quest A--->S

Sen no Kiseki 4 E--->C

Word Sudoku by POWGI New--->S

Knight Solitaire New--->S

Mahjong World Carnival New--->S

Pirate Solitaire New--->C

Doodle God New--->S

Doodle Kingdom New--->S

119 games played

104 completed games

92.44% completion (95% or higher)

256 unearned trophies (200 or less)

S: 104 (no goal here)

A: 8 (less than 10)

B: 2 (0)

C: 2 (0)

D 3 (0)

E: 0 (0)

F: 0 (0)

I definitely failed quite a bit at not starting new games, but nearly all of them were easy games for the Gaming by Numbers event.  Pirate Solitaire was me misreading and thinking it qualified for a particular number when it actually was one I already had done and now I'm trying to get it out of my backlog.  Got my PS4 backlog back down to just 2 incompletes and made some great progress in Sen no Kiseki 4 by beating it and getting it up to a C rank with its rather high average completion.  This month I'm going to try to focus on finishing Sen 4 or at least A ranking it and trying to get the remaining Ds up to at least C.  Not sure if I'll pull off 95% completion and less than 200 unearned trophies, but I should get close.

• Like 2

Everyone is updated. 

I also want to take the time to announce that I will not be continuing the challenge next year. I already announced this in the Fall Backlog event but, I am no longer really trophy hunting and as of Spring my sixth kid will be arriving and I am doing more at the college I teach at.

I will continue to update this until after the 1st of the year, but then I will be done. If anyone wants to take over let me know.

• Like 2

I haven't updated this since I signed up :o

Yep, I wasn't so sure if things were working as planned, but I can now make a breakdown of my progress.

So my goal was to have all games above 25%, which it was succeed :)

The other goal was to raise all grades to B or higher - always planned to get them A or S anyway.

So, for now:

F / E / D - None

C - 4

B - 2

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

October          November

S 34                S 36

A 14                A 13

B 4                  B 5

C 5                  C 6

D 12                D 11

E 9                  E 10

F 2

In November I got overcooked back up to 100% as i finished off the dlc trophies. i played and platinum'd burly men at sea, it was a really good game and is a must play! I also started King Oddball which is like angry birds for the ps4. I've started spyro so that should be good to finish as well as the spiderman dlc. 

• 2 weeks later...

So final update for me with where I actually stood at the end of the year (started a new game soon after the new year started)

S - 106

A - 7

B - 2

C - 2

D - 2

E - 0

F - 0

Completion: 92.82%

Unearned trophies: 242

Overall, didn't end where I had hoped.  I had hoped I could get Rune Factory and Resonance of Fate up to a C, but my PS3 controller stopped functioning to the point of rendering any PS3 game unplayable and I just finally got that replaced.  But outside of three games, every PS3 game had trophies earned in 2018.  I did accomplish removing some very old games from my backlog finally and that's a good thing.  Got my completion to above 90% and it's stayed there most of the year.

My biggest issue was definitely starting new games, but at the same time I'm pretty proud of the fact that outside of The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 and Sen no Kiseki 4 that all games I started were completed.  So while this did bog me down a bit for making progress on the backlog, I still was able to make progress despite that.

• Like 1