Layer 17 bug

hardt90

linear is annoying, my strategy was to try and work from the bottom up, getting stuck on above the blocks isnt good. also, i noticed that when you die it makes some of the block get more health or whatever it may be. i noticed when i lose a life i would see some blocks go from no dots to 1 dot, or 1 dot to 2 dots. basically, dont die. if you die more than once just waste your lives and start fresh.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, antmoney151 said:

linear is annoying, my strategy was to try and work from the bottom up, getting stuck on above the blocks isnt good. also, i noticed that when you die it makes some of the block get more health or whatever it may be. i noticed when i lose a life i would see some blocks go from no dots to 1 dot, or 1 dot to 2 dots. basically, dont die. if you die more than once just waste your lives and start fresh.

This was my strategy. If you die near the beginning of one of the later levels, just kill off the rest of your lives and continue. Always try from bottom up even though you will get stuck up top a lot. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2018 at 10:33 AM, lesk8vaincra said:

the "ennemies" are getting lower and lower, when they reach a certain point, the game ends up in a game over. I didn't notice at first. That might be why?

Came here with the same problem and did not notice the enemies were getting lower at all- despite already beating this on the vita. I know it's been a few months, but thanks for the insight!

• 1 month later...

this fuckin game sucks pretty bad, mostly linear mode. the ball getting stuck at the top is almost unavoidable and almost always kills the run. the twin stick aspect feels like total dogshit at times. give me normal brick break every single day over weird twin stick shooter brick break

also if it was meant to be twinstick focused, why the hell do the sides of the paddle push the ball to the side and make you lose a life? why not have it act like the ball registers snagging the hitbox of your paddle and get sent upward so you can better focus on shooting? pretty bad mechanic choices in an already underwhelming bargain bin game

Edited by Burgins

12 minutes ago, Burgins said:

also if it was meant to be twinstick focused, why the hell do the sides of the paddle push the ball to the side and make you lose a life? why not have it act like the ball registers snagging the hitbox of your paddle and get sent upward so you can better focus on shooting? pretty bad mechanic choices in an already underwhelming bargain bin game

I can explain why, example;

When you shoot to the right, the force of the shooting will push the ball to the left. 

If you shoot downwards, the ball will be forced upwards.

I really can't simplify this more than I already did.

I'm not sure you know what I mean here. I mean the sides of the paddle you use to hit the ball up at the blocks. if you hit with the side, it usually throws the ball underneath the paddle causing you to lose a life (not just the actual sides of the paddle, but the upper sides as well. the hitbox is super finnicky)

• Like 1