530,000 BP Trophy

Ottobot31

2 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I love this game and like the challenge in this trophy, but I'm getting sick of all the rage quitting losers in ranked. It seems like 80% of the people that are 400k+ are just rage quitters. Hopefully Namco implements some kind of penalty system to keep these idiots off the game.

Set it to "High Completion Only" and see if that helps. I did that and I haven't had a single ragequitter since.

Just now, AustinMichael1 said:

I'm slowly creeping up on ya. I'm around 370k and I plan on trying to get to 400k before the end of the night. So close yet so far away

Yeah nice! That was me last night, actually - I was hovering around 390,000 for the longest time and I finally bagged a few good wins and crossed the big 400k. Most satisfying feeling, especially since the rank up gives you another 10,000!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Yeah nice! That was me last night, actually - I was hovering around 390,000 for the longest time and I finally bagged a few good wins and crossed the big 400k. Most satisfying feeling, especially since the rank up gives you another 10,000!

If I didn't have to go to bed and go to the gym early in the morning (1:30am where I'm at), I'd stay up and try to get this crap done lol. Also best part is once you hit 500k, you get the 10k boost and you only need like 15k or so depending. Journey is about over ??

1 hour ago, AustinMichael1 said:

If I didn't have to go to bed and go to the gym early in the morning (1:30am where I'm at), I'd stay up and try to get this crap done lol. Also best part is once you hit 500k, you get the 10k boost and you only need like 15k or so depending. Journey is about over 1f62d.png1f625.png

I'm a bit worried about that last 20k, not going to lie...

Ran into another Supreme Kai and beat him twice, bagged another 7,000 BP. Just shy of 450,000 BP at the moment - it certainly feels like the end is in sight, but I'm definitely going to have to keep these wins up.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I'm a bit worried about that last 20k, not going to lie...

Ran into another Supreme Kai and beat him twice, bagged another 7,000 BP. Just shy of 450,000 BP at the moment - it certainly feels like the end is in sight, but I'm definitely going to have to keep these wins up.

I'm still sitting at 371k points as I keep hitting ragers and server issues. 96 wins and only 37 losses. It's gonna take me forever to get the last 160k :'(  and I have to head to bed now and won't get to try again until I get home from work at 11pm :/ I want to try and get top 50 on here but I think I'll be a bit too late once I finally get this

Edited by AustinMichael1

1 hour ago, AustinMichael1 said:

I'm still sitting at 371k points as I keep hitting ragers and server issues. 96 wins and only 37 losses. It's gonna take me forever to get the last 160k :'(  and I have to head to bed now and won't get to try again until I get home from work at 11pm :/ I want to try and get top 50 on here but I think I'll be a bit too late once I finally get this

That's a decent win rate! I'm experiencing the same issues as well - been booted from the lobby way too many times today and half my matches have been disconnects. The hardest thing about this trophy is actually finishing a ranked game to earn your BP...

EDIT: Playing in 19 frame delay has nearly broken me to be quite honest. None of my follow-ups work in this much lag and the game just doesn't register my super inputs half the time. I've lost games because the online hasn't picked up my super dash or Lv 1 super. So frustrating!

EDIT 2: Okay, I've been kicked from the lobby 5 times in 5 minutes. I think the game is trying to tell me to stop playing for today since I can't even connect. Finishing on 455,000 BP for today which is a decent effort, end goal is in sight...

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

Good to see you guys making so much progress! I haven't broken 300,000 yet, but that's largely because between server disconnects, work, and spending time with the Mrs., my weeknights can't really handle the amount of time this trophy requires. On the bright side, my win percentage has crept up to 47%, which is a 13% increase from where I started. I'm still a Dark Blue square though, because I mostly fight Greens. :P 

Edited by darkamdusias
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

That's a decent win rate! I'm experiencing the same issues as well - been booted from the lobby way too many times today and half my matches have been disconnects. The hardest thing about this trophy is actually finishing a ranked game to earn your BP...

EDIT: Playing in 19 frame delay has nearly broken me to be quite honest. None of my follow-ups work in this much lag and the game just doesn't register my super inputs half the time. I've lost games because the online hasn't picked up my super dash or Lv 1 super. So frustrating!

EDIT 2: Okay, I've been kicked from the lobby 5 times in 5 minutes. I think the game is trying to tell me to stop playing for today since I can't even connect. Finishing on 455,000 BP for today which is a decent effort, end goal is in sight...

I had a much better session this afternoon compared to last night. I'm up from 450k to 482k, so I'm within striking distance of the Demon rank. Almost all of my matches were against green square players, so I'm considering cheesing the grind the rest of the way by only fighting those types of players going forward. You're more likely to be matched up against people with a lower rank than you this way so you have to win more games overall, but considering you lose more or less the same amount of points regardless of rank, that's a risk I'm willing to take. Something to consider since we're both in the same rank at the moment.

Cheers to you for dealing with 19 frame delay. I'd have given up a long time ago.

45 minutes ago, Akirasolid said:

I was matched with someone who had a bp around 230k but he had over 350 matches played to over 150 wins. I don't don't want to play to 500 matches and only be at 250k bp lol :( 

I have like 150 matches with a win rate of ~53% and I passed 300k, don't worry, as long as you're at least close to a 50% win rate you'll be fine.

4 hours ago, lionheart_811 said:

I had a much better session this afternoon compared to last night. I'm up from 450k to 482k, so I'm within striking distance of the Demon rank. Almost all of my matches were against green square players, so I'm considering cheesing the grind the rest of the way by only fighting those types of players going forward. You're more likely to be matched up against people with a lower rank than you this way so you have to win more games overall, but considering you lose more or less the same amount of points regardless of rank, that's a risk I'm willing to take. Something to consider since we're both in the same rank at the moment.

Cheers to you for dealing with 19 frame delay. I'd have given up a long time ago.

Can I just give you my account info and you can help me get to where you are lol ? but really though, I'm at 395k and I have the next few days off of work so I'm going to try and get 50k per day and get this over with :/ so many ass kickings I recieved and even some of the blue and dark green players give me problems sometime lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lionheart_811 said:

Funnily enough, that's actually what I've been doing - I've opted to fight players with green / light green / dark blue squares (and the occasional yellow if I am feeling like I'm playing well) but never red or pink. You're right in that you do have to win more games overall but you have a far better chance of defeating these types of opponents (I usually win maybe 8 of the 10 sets I play against them).

19 frame delay has nearly ruined this experience for me. Some of the worst online I've ever played in a fighting game. Sitting on 460,000 BP at the moment - pushing for Demon rank by the end of the week at least.

EDIT: Some player named 'Bero' beat me by button mashing during Sparking Blast so I ran it back and almost scored a Perfect on him until he rage quit at the very last second. These sorts of people really should be temporarily restricted from playing or penalised somehow - this online system sucks and I honestly can't wait until I have this trophy so I never have to do Ranked again.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

EDIT: Some player named 'Bero' beat me by button mashing during Sparking Blast so I ran it back and almost scored a Perfect on him until he rage quit at the very last second. These sorts of people really should be temporarily restricted from playing or penalised somehow - this online system sucks and I honestly can't wait until I have this trophy so I never have to do Ranked again.

That's exactly what happens to me. I get close to winning then they go AWOL during spark blast and I somehow lose all three of my characters because they don't seem to want to block or move anymore :'(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AustinMichael1 said:

That's exactly what happens to me. I get close to winning then they go AWOL during spark blast and I somehow lose all three of my characters because they don't seem to want to block or move anymore :'(

Sparking is ridiculous as a comeback mechanic in DBFZ. You can have one character on full health left versus their three on less than half each and pop Sparking and button mash your way to victory since it cancels a lot of the lag from aerials and makes your moves much safer. I've lost games to it because the delay means I can't react quick enough to my opponent's constant light / medium spam.

I always try and lame out their SB by just running away.

EDIT: I've already had 3 Green players ragequit on me today. ?

EDIT 2: It's the most infuriating feeling when you're making progress and then you lose it to spammers / lag spikes. I know I'm never touching this again after I hit the 530,000. I've encountered no less than three players today that beat me by spamming every button they can and somehow hitting me because the game doesn't even register my block due to the delay - then I demolish them next match and they ragequit before I beat their last character. This is the worst.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Sparking is ridiculous as a comeback mechanic in DBFZ. You can have one character on full health left versus their three on less than half each and pop Sparking and button mash your way to victory since it cancels a lot of the lag from aerials and makes your moves much safer. I've lost games to it because the delay means I can't react quick enough to my opponent's constant light / medium spam.

I always try and lame out their SB by just running away.

EDIT: I've already had 3 Green players ragequit on me today. 1f644.png

YES I HATE sparking, you can be rekn someone and all they gotta do is spark, then you cant punish anything and lose lmao its ridiculous. I always save my sparks for the very moment that they use theirs. 

Im with you bud, when I finish the ranked trophy, I will never do ranked again (actually I will sometimes because I play for my cousin because hes really bad and low ranked so I mess around with chars I dont use ahaha) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

YES I HATE sparking, you can be rekn someone and all they gotta do is spark, then you cant punish anything and lose lmao its ridiculous. I always save my sparks for the very moment that they use theirs. 

Im with you bud, when I finish the ranked trophy, I will never do ranked again (actually I will sometimes because I play for my cousin because hes really bad and low ranked so I mess around with chars I dont use ahaha) 

I might occasionally drop in and test my skills against the higher tier players but the lag on my end really is unbearable. It makes combos almost impossible to pull off properly because the game just doesn't register some inputs.

I don't mind playing online; it's definitely a lot of fun, and even having an end goal like this is fine. It's just that the mode doesn't function properly most of the time and you're punished for losing in conditions that aren't ideal.

EDIT: I actually ran into a dude with a great connection and we had an awesome set. Messaged him after and told him GGs, said his connection was the first I'd come across that wasn't garbage. ?

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212
  • Like 1

Yeah, Sparking can suck sometimes, especially if they superdash. I haven't figured out a way to reliably punish Sparking superdash, and the lag (or maybe my own inexperience) means that I'm not quick enough to punish them with a 2H. The most reliable thing that I've found that helps is tricking someone into cornering themselves and then just pinning them there with assists and blockstrings. This is easier said than done sometimes, though.

As far as my experiences playing online today, they sucked. I started at 293,000, got up to 299,000, lost a bunch, won a bunch, and ended back up at 298,000. Days like today can be pretty disheartening, because it feels like I might never get this trophy - especially when people quit at the rate that they do. ?

I think that I'll be done playing Ranked if I ever get this trophy. I'm more suited to 1v1 fighters, and as much as I love this game, I think Ranked is going to be the death of me. 

18 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

Yeah, Sparking can suck sometimes, especially if they superdash. I haven't figured out a way to reliably punish Sparking superdash, and the lag (or maybe my own inexperience) means that I'm not quick enough to punish them with a 2H. The most reliable thing that I've found that helps is tricking someone into cornering themselves and then just pinning them there with assists and blockstrings. This is easier said than done sometimes, though.

As far as my experiences playing online today, they sucked. I started at 293,000, got up to 299,000, lost a bunch, won a bunch, and ended back up at 298,000. Days like today can be pretty disheartening, because it feels like I might never get this trophy - especially when people quit at the rate that they do. ?

I think that I'll be done playing Ranked if I ever get this trophy. I'm more suited to 1v1 fighters, and as much as I love this game, I think Ranked is going to be the death of me. 

I legitimately believe that online it's not punishable. You absolutely cannot punish them with ANYTHING because the aerial cancels into a grounded button almost instantly, so inexperienced players will always think they can counter it when they can't. I either lame out the SB by waiting it out, or vanish to counter super dashes. 2H is very risky if they super dash at you while in SB, so I tend to just stall or put them in a combo that takes a few seconds. SB lasts 21 seconds if you're on your last character, which can feel like an eternity.

Don't be too discouraged - I dropped a full 10,000 BP yesterday and worked my way back up. If you feel like you're becoming too predictable, spend some time in Training or Practice mode and optimise your basic combos to see what you can do in the neutral game. (That's what I do, at least.)

I'm ending today on 485,000 BP. Closer and closer to earning that damned trophy. (And then I can casually grind to 20,000,000 Zeni in my own time.)

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212
  • Like 2

Just got disconnected from 5 matches in a row and 2 more from getting booted from the lobby. Damn it all I'm not going to make any progress tonight. :(

EDIT: even though I have things to do in the morning. I'm just gonna say screw it and pull an all-nighter to get as much done as I can

Edited by AustinMichael1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Just got disconnected from 5 matches in a row and 2 more from getting booted from the lobby. Damn it all I'm not going to make any progress tonight. :(

EDIT: even though I have things to do in the morning. I'm just gonna say screw it and pull an all-nighter to get as much done as I can

ahaha omg I feel so bad for you guys and your connection problems! I know this is a pain!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Good luck! Hope you make some serious progress!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AustinMichael1 said:

It's so bad, I completely understand your frustration. I just had a game where "Please wait a moment" appeared 4 times, then my connection dropped and I was booted out of the lobby.

I really don't get it at all. My Internet at home is pretty quick so I don't know if it's on my end or if the online is just trash. To me it seems like it still needs a lot of fixing.

EDIT: Just ranked up to Demon. Sitting on 510,000 BP. So close! I know this will be the toughest part though...

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212