530,000 BP Trophy

Ottobot31

23 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Black Goku is a must in my opinion. He's the only character with a long distance grab and he is good at close range as well. Definitely one of the most OP characters. I'm using Kid Buu, SS Goku and Black. I have some of my friends already at 450 BP but they are telling me they cant get any higher because of the quitters. 

Kid Buu triangle combo is one of the best spams at least until 300BP I have barely lose a fight with that team. I will get back to see if matching with my friend have improved since we are already at Android rank 300BP.

thats an amazing team setup, good job lol, might try that out instead of cell, tho I do great with cell, im sitting at 317k (was at 319k lmao) right now

Edited by The High Ground

40 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

thats an amazing team setup, good job lol, might try that out instead of cell, tho I do great with cell, im sitting at 317k (was at 319k lmao) right now

We are now very close range...  we may be able to match as well. You are using your same PSN ID as your fighter profile? 

Also one thing to take in consideration is that you get more BP depending on how many matches you win in a row. When you win a match you get around 3k, then if you get a second win without losing you get around 5k and for a third win something closer to 7k if you play with someone at a similar range.

Edited by Aexuz

Update on my end, I've made it to Super Saiyan 2 rank with 340k BP for tonight.

Some tips based on things I've noticed for people having trouble making the jump from 200k to 300k:

Vanishing after activating sparking is very strong. You are plus on block after vanishing with sparking activated, so try to utilize that to frame trap people pressing buttons, or to continue your pressure. I had three games tonight where I was using Vegeta, locked someone down with his 236S, vanished, and then hit them with 5L which led to a combo to death, all because they tried to press a button after blocking the vanish.

Regarding block strings and super dashes, this is still something I'm trying to teach myself so I don't get blown up by them all the time. Although most characters' M and H attacks are technically punishable on block, keep in mind that they can be made safe by canceling the blocked M or H into something else. I've noticed in particular that people love finishing block strings with super dashes. I found myself in numerous situations where I blocked a 2M or a 5H, then I'd try to punish it with a 2M, only to whiff the move completely because they canceled their block string with a super dash, so I end up eating a big combo. If you're on the end of a block string at the beginning of the match, just sit back, don't press anything, and block so you can get a feel of what they're going to do.

And speaking of super dashing, super dashing becomes extremely scary when sparking is activated. If you're ever in a situation where you're forced to block a super dash, keep in mind that the recovery frames from the super dash can be canceled into air attacks. Personally speaking, I tend to crouch block after blocking super dash, and when people super dash with sparking, they tend to mash L (which you can usually gets you two air attacks) afterwards, which you have to block high since they're in the air. You absolutely can't press any buttons in this situation because you will get stuffed trying to punish a blocked sparking super dash, so your best case scenario is going to be reacting with a reflect, but if you're not confident in reacting with reflect and you have absolutely have to block it, remember to stand block the first two hits, then crouch block once they've hit the ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darkamdusias said:

Update: It took me 220 fights, but I've made it to Android rank. I'm 70 hours in, and haven't even started the Zeni grind yet. At this rate, this is easily going to be a 200 hour+ Platinum for me. How is everyone else doing?

I'm at Super Saiyan 2, I take long breaks so I don't go insane now. lol 

18 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been taking breaks from Ranked to play Story Mode so I can set up Zeni farming later on. I've cleared all three Arcs on Normal and the Super Warrior Arc on Hard. The computer starts to really stack the cards against you in hard haha :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

Update: It took me 220 fights, but I've made it to Android rank. I'm 70 hours in, and haven't even started the Zeni grind yet. At this rate, this is easily going to be a 200 hour+ Platinum for me. How is everyone else doing?

I didn't play yesterday, but I had a pretty good session today. I'm up from 340k to 380k, where I'm at 98 wins out of around 146 or so games. Every session I've had so far ended with positive growth, so at the rate I'm going, I'm hoping I can hit 530k by the end of the week. Matchmaking has been getting a little slower for me because I'm avoiding anyone with a square color higher than yellow, but it works. Just hope I can still get away with that by the time I hit the Supreme Kai and Demon ranks. 

1 hour ago, The High Ground said:

Definitely recommend taking breaks. Even when winning, I get paranoid and feel like I can go on a bad losing streak and throw all of the points I got a way, so I tend to tap out after a certain amount of time. Fighting games in general also happen to be some of the most mentally draining games to play just because of all of the things you have to keep in mind and the decisions you have to make, so it's just a good idea to step away and take a breather, period.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Wouldn't be too terrible if we didn't lose points after a loss. But this and the zeni are the only things I need. So far I have 61,748 BP after 15 matches (11 wins, 4 losses). I don't look forward to getting wrecked once I get up near the 300k range but hopefully I can get it eventually.

Well, you're off to a solid start! Keep it up!

• Like 2

Well, you're off to a solid start! Keep it up!

Quick update: Just hit 85k thanks to the rank but my record is now 14-8 :/ some of the things those people do are crazy and I can't seem to replicate it. I also would've had like 7 more wins but I kept getting kicked out of the lobby which is infuriating. :'(

EDIT: made it to 131k now with a record of 27 wins and 12 losses. Also a question. If you face someone stronger than you and lose, do you lose more points? Or do you lose a lot if you lose to someone your same rank?

Edited by AustinMichael1

11 hours ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Quick update: Just hit 85k thanks to the rank but my record is now 14-8 :/ some of the things those people do are crazy and I can't seem to replicate it. I also would've had like 7 more wins but I kept getting kicked out of the lobby which is infuriating. :'(

EDIT: made it to 131k now with a record of 27 wins and 12 losses. Also a question. If you face someone stronger than you and lose, do you lose more points? Or do you lose a lot if you lose to someone your same rank?

Yeah, being kicked is infuriating sometimes. I notice it happens to me more at night that anytime else, so I know when to grind Zeni now haha :lol:

As far as losses, the amount of BP you lose against other players goes like this: Higher Rank < Your Rank < Lower Rank.

There are seemingly random exceptions, though. I lost to a Saibaman yesterday, and lost only a very small amount of BP, despite being a Saiyan at the time. It was balanced out by the fact that I only gained a miniscule amount of BP when I beat them in the next two games of the set, of though.

Edited by darkamdusias
Grammar.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

Yeah, being kicked is infuriating sometimes. I notice it happens to me more at night that anytime else, so I know when to grind Zeni now haha :lol:

As far as losses, the amount of BP you lose against other players goes like this: Higher Rank < Your Rank < Lower Rank.

There are seemingly random exceptions, though. I lost to a Saibaman yesterday, and lost only a very small amount of BP, despite being a Saiyan at the time. It was balanced out by the fact that I only gained a miniscule amount of BP when I beat them in the next two games of the set, of though.

Finally made it to 180k last night but I have a tough time staying above that number as my losses are starting to pile up :/ and I don't want to resort to rage quitting for a trophy either but maybe I just need to take a break from online and just go zeni hunting :(

Edited by AustinMichael1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Finally made it to 180k last night but I have a tough time staying above that number as my losses are starting to pile up :/ and I don't want to resort to rage quitting for a trophy either but maybe I just need to take a break from online and just go zeni hunting :(

It's natural to hit skill walls at various intervals. If explicitly remember hitting a skill wall at 180,000 as well, but once I got past that the next 100,000 or so BP went by much more quickly. The most important thing about the grind to 530,000 is to do what you're planning on doing - taking breaks. I've gotten into patterns where I've lost ten in a row, and end up so frustrated I start making mistakes I would never have made when thinking clearly. Unsurprisingly, I do better the next day, when I'm playing with a clearer mind.

Also, for what it's worth, someone on GameFAQs mentioned being matched with someone who was at 550,000 BP via ~400 wins from ~900 matches, so chances are that you'll get there eventually if you're willing to put in time. It takes a sizable amount of skill to get the trophy with ~200 wins or so but I'd like to think that persistence and patience will get you there eventually. 

PS - Keep fighting that tendency to rage quit! Losing hurts, but it may be difficult to find fights once your name starts displaying in Purple. I know I tend to avoid people who have Purple names like the plague. :P 

• Like 2

It's natural to hit skill walls at various intervals. If explicitly remember hitting a skill wall at 180,000 as well, but once I got past that the next 100,000 or so BP went by much more quickly. The most important thing about the grind to 530,000 is to do what you're planning on doing - taking breaks. I've gotten into patterns where I've lost ten in a row, and end up so frustrated I start making mistakes I would never have made when thinking clearly. Unsurprisingly, I do better the next day, when I'm playing with a clearer mind.

Also, for what it's worth, someone on GameFAQs mentioned being matched with someone who was at 550,000 BP via ~400 wins from ~900 matches, so chances are that you'll get there eventually if you're willing to put in time. It takes a sizable amount of skill to get the trophy with ~200 wins or so but I'd like to think that persistence and patience will get you there eventually. 

PS - Keep fighting that tendency to rage quit! Losing hurts, but it may be difficult to find fights once your name starts displaying in Purple. I know I tend to avoid people who have Purple names like the plague. :P 

I'm curious, how many disconnects does it take for that too happen? I've been kicked from a lobby on many occasions (10 times last night) and I'm afraid it'll turn my name purple eventually :/ Also finally hit Super saiyan rank so I'm close to halfway there and my record is 50 wins, 31 losses :/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

I'm curious, how many disconnects does it take for that too happen? I've been kicked from a lobby on many occasions (10 times last night) and I'm afraid it'll turn my name purple eventually :/ Also finally hit Super saiyan rank so I'm close to halfway there and my record is 50 wins, 31 losses :/

I believe that the game weighs intentional and forced disconnects differently. I've been booted quite a few times in the last two weeks, but my player name is still displayed in Green, indicating a high match completion rate.

• Like 1

I may have been wrong about this trophy.

Jumped back on after 5 days with no Internet and I've either had a massive losing streak or come up against people that have just quit. I'd already lost about 10,000 BP out of frustration.

I won 2-1 against another Yellow player and I scraped my way back up to 335,000. That's where I'm hovering at the moment. Kinda worrying to think how much I'm going to have to play to even get close to the higher ranks.

EDIT: Played a few more and I'm still around the same rank. Every match I play has the ol' 20 frame delay.

EDIT 2: Win streaks are definitely worth progressively more and more BP.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

5 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

EDIT 2: Win streaks are definitely worth progressively more and more BP.

This makes a lot of sense, and probably explains why I've been progressing much more slowly than other people - I never win more than one or two sets in a row at a time. :lol:

35 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

This makes a lot of sense, and probably explains why I've been progressing much more slowly than other people - I never win more than one or two sets in a row at a time. :lol:

Ya. I had a pretty rough session tonight where I copped lots of laggy sets and usually alternated between winning and losing. I won my last two sets of the night though, and for the first I earned 2000 BP and for the second around 3900 BP. So definitely a small increase if you can keep a good streak up.

• Like 1

Well, I reached 300k BP yesterday, every time I play rankeds I still manage to climb some points, but the disconnections at this point are just getting ridiculous, I'm getting one every two or three matches, the thing is that I obviously try to avoid people with purple names, but I honestly don't know how many DCs you need to get there, because almost everyone else seems to be doing the same.

It's so frustrating, they should ban people for like some minutes at least.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Franciscoo- said:

Well, I reached 300k BP yesterday, every time I play rankeds I still manage to climb some points, but the disconnections at this point are just getting ridiculous, I'm getting one every two or three matches, the thing is that I obviously try to avoid people with purple names, but I honestly don't know how many DCs you need to get there, because almost everyone else seems to be doing the same.

It's so frustrating, they should ban people for like some minutes at least.

I honestly think a BP penalty is the best way to go for habitual quitters. Tonight was not such a great night for me - I won two, lost two, and was about to beat a guy to close out our set when the server went down for maintenance. If it's not one thing with these servers, it's another. ⚡

In addition to disconnects, I get booted from the servers quite often during the evening - this is frustrating, because my work schedule doesn't see me getting home before 19:00, meaning I don't make much progress outside Saturdays and Sundays.

Edited by darkamdusias
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Van-Helsings said:

i have no idea what this trophy is about but i keep seeing it in the "recent forum post" section so just gonna leave that here

Basically it's asking you to accumulate a lot of Battle Points by playing in an incredibly grindy and buggy online mode where there is hardly any punishment for quitting and losing is far more punitive than winning for most players.

In addition to disconnects, I get booted from the servers quite often during the evening - this is frustrating, because my work schedule doesn't see me getting home before 19:00, meaning I don't make much progress outside Saturdays and Sundays.

So many disconnects on my end, as well as quitters. Not to mention the 19 frame delay on pretty much every online match I play. What's the point of making an online trophy like this when your online mode hardly functions?

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212
  • Like 1

This trophy is angering me more than the Super Meat Boy no death run trophies lol. And I platinumed that game but this just puts my rage near what SMB did ? I wish I was better at fighting games. Those people are unreal with how they do things. Almost to the point where it's like once they start combing me, I'm just like "yeah ill just put my controller down because I'll get chained to death". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

@AustinMichael1 Tell me about it. I came back after a few weeks without playing, and nothing seems to be working for me. My vanished don't work 100% of the time, and the one time I start getting good, the frames just skyrocket up to 20, making me lag like shit and dropping everything.

I guess I will have to come back at another time, maybe when I get the 20 million zeni.

• Like 1

I just beat a player with a Pink square who had 570,000 BP (very narrowly, Sparking Blast is ridiculous as a comeback mechanic) and I earned 3,000 BP for it. Three thousand. WHAT.

Give me more! That dude was insane! Are you telling me I legitimately only earned two matches' worth of BP for beating a dude that's ranked in the highest possible tier???

EDIT: 370,000 BP after today's sesh. Calling it for now. This game's online makes me mad.

EDIT 2: Okay, now I really have no idea. I've earned 3,000 BP from defeating a Yellow rank and then another 3,000 for defeating a Blue rank. Those ranks are almost at opposite ends of the skill scale. How does this BP system even work?

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212
  • Like 2