Cross Platinum Question

So ummm... you would think this is basic, but I need some clarity.

I know the game has cross platinum - but according to PS Trophies .org, there is also a feature called the AR server that synchs collectibles...

Do I need to use the AR server?  Or is that just for people who don't want to auto-pop the whole thing (collectibles only)?  I thought surely cross-save would be the only thing needed, then I read about the AR Server and doubts arose. 

Edited by Lag_The_Ravager

2 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

I autopopped it and this is the first I've heard of an AR server

Well, if autopop works on it's own then I won't worry about it.

AR server is a feature found in the in-game options - from what I gather it seems to be a way of picking up the collectibles in both games while only doing it on one.  I guess it really is for people who want to avoid auto popping the plat - but also don't wan to do the collectibles a second time.

That's a bit of a load off, thanks for the reply :)

Edited by Lag_The_Ravager

41 minutes ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

Well, if autopop works on it's own then I won't worry about it.

AR server is a feature found in the in-game options - from what I gather it seems to be a way of picking up the collectibles in both games while only doing it on one.  I guess it really is for people who want to avoid auto popping the plat - but also don't wan to do the collectibles a second time.

That's a bit of a load off, thanks for the reply :)

All I remember is that there's using the Vita as a 'controller' to look around and see little glimmers which indicate collectibles on the PS3 version. I found it to be very wonky and shitty so didn't bother with it. Not sure if that's what you're referring to or not.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I did a cross save upload to PS3 and it didn't pop hardly anything. including the stupid elephant boss. And almost none of the collectibles. I'm glad I hadn't 100% everything yet. I'll make successive saves before each one finish and upload them to save me time. while some people are claiming it was an instant plat. it wasn't for me it didn't even count all the bosses.