Gold and Bronze trophies look the same colour to me.

michael_martin

5 hours ago, michael_martin said:

I'm fine with red and green. For me its brown/green, or brown/red, or blue/purple, or purple/pink and of course gold/bronze. It all depends on the shades. If the shades are similar then I find it hard to tell them apart. So if the bronze trophy was a darker shade then I wouldn't have a problem telling it apart from the gold trophy.

Well, green + red = yellow, and some variants of yellow is gold, bronze and brown. ;) And if you got green red colorblindness you got problems of clearly differentiating between the colors when they are close by, like in the case of gold, bronze and brown! :) 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Well, green + red = yellow, and some variants of yellow is gold, bronze and brown. ;) And if you got green red colorblindness you got problems of clearly differentiating between the colors when they are close by, like in the case of gold, bronze and brown! :) 

I think green mixed with red makes brown, not yellow. Yellow is a primary colour. But we're getting off topic ? 

I sent a message to sony playstation about this and hopefully I'll get some sort of response.

11 minutes ago, michael_martin said:

I think green mixed with red makes brown, not yellow. Yellow is a primary colour. But we're getting off topic 1f609.png 

I sent a message to sony playstation about this and hopefully I'll get some sort of response.

No, green + red = yellow. -_-

RGB_illumination.jpg

Red, Green, Blue is the 3 colors is used to create most colors on PC. It's also the three colors you see along with just light in general.

No, we're not getting off-topic. That is the topic. The reason gold and bronze looks so alike is red - green colorblindness.

Yes, I can see White, Yellow, Cyan and Magenta in that picture too. Not the issue with being red - green colorblind. :) More the issue of clearly differentiating between red and green when too close together, like when they are mixed to create yellowish colors. I think this explains why it's difficult to tell if a trophy is gold or bronze unless next to each other. I got the exact same problem!

On PSNP you can hover your mouse over the trophy and it will tell you if it's bronze or gold. :) On PSN you can click on the trophy and it will tell you if it's gold or bronze. Just btw.

Edited by MMDE

10 minutes ago, michael_martin said:

Looks like we're both right. 

subtractive-primary-colours.gif

Nah. We see Red, (Yellowish-)Green and Blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_vision#Cone_cells_in_the_human_eye

Your brain says it's yellow when blue and green is mixed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_vision#Color_in_the_human_brain

You can look up stuff about why red-green colorblindness to some degree is as common as it is. Plenty of good explanations out there.

36 minutes ago, MMDE said:

On PSNP you can hover your mouse over the trophy and it will tell you if it's bronze or gold. :) On PSN you can click on the trophy and it will tell you if it's gold or bronze. Just btw.

Edited by MMDE

• 5 years later...