DuckTales Retro Review

siuilarun

It has been awhile since a review, but wow. 5/5? That's awesome! Now maybe is should get the remake. I never really played a side scroller before

Keep in mind that when I rate something, I'm comparing it to the things of it's era in gaming... In this instance, a time when the 2d sidescrolling platformer was king. DuckTales Remastered won't be getting a free ride off of it's name alone. It'll have to appeal to the ever evolving tastes of this gaming generation, which has largely turned it's back on that genre, with a few exceptions. It's got a long road ahead, and while I doubt the result will be as long lived or beloved as it's predecessor, at least it started with a solid 5/5, in my opinion.

Keep in mind that when I rate something, I'm comparing it to the things of it's era in gaming... In this instance, a time when the 2d sidescrolling platformer was king. DuckTales Remastered won't be getting a free ride off of it's name alone. It'll have to appeal to the ever evolving tastes of this gaming generation, which has largely turned it's back on that genre, with a few exceptions. It's got a long road ahead, and while I doubt the result will be as long lived or beloved as it's predecessor, at least it started with a solid 5/5, in my opinion.

I know, I think you even said that in your video....or one of them at least. I just have never end played a side scroller before, and its only going to be $15 or so