Alesana_1992

Evil within 2 consistent crash issues(Classic mode Chapter 7)

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys I just wanna share a good work around to avoid the crash issues that occurs in Chapter 7 when you're on the 2nd painting. 

 

Patch 1.04 still didn't fix the issue and reinstalling the game also didn't fix it. BTW I experience it 3x in a row but I have work around for you guys if ever you're still experiencing the issue.

 

1. Ignore Sykes when a horde of mobs trying to kill him. I ignore Sykes because even though I follow the next steps below the game crashes again.

2. Go to Sanctuary hotel as your 1st painting to interact. This one is important because the game always crashes when you go to Devil's tap room first.

3. Go to Devil's tap room for the next painting.

 

I hope this one helps because when I start doing the steps above I no longer experience the issue.

Edited by Alesana_1992
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll add my two cents while we're on the subject. Doing the paintings in either order doesn't matter. If your game is going to crash, it will crash. I don't mean to discredit you or anything but its anecdotal, I've done devils taproom first more than half of my runs playing the game and only crashed there once. 

 

CH7 and the beginning of 14 (I've actually crashed in CH14 more than ANY other chapter) are problem chapters for the game for some reason, but the game can basically crash anywhere just like any other game. That said, this game does crash more often than your average game which isn't a good thing, and even more so in CH7 for some reason. The paintings, like you said, are hotspots for crashing. If you're playing classic--save BEFORE you do the paintings to avoid having to replay a shit ton of gameplay.

 

I personally used my saves as follows:

 

4 before marrow

7 as you enter the new open world area and trigger the paintings quest, go back in to safe room and save

8 before big boss fight 

11 before going into the lab

13 before big firewalk

15 after big boss fight

16 before final boss

 

Each person will find what works for them, but if there is one thing for certain if you're playing on console SAVE on CH7. It should be the one guaranteed instance of a non negotiable save due to crashing issues. At this point, if your game does crash you are only losing 10-15 minutes redoing CH7 and continuing with the story.

 

Cheers and GL with the rest of your classic run.

 

Btw you think it would've been fixed by now since CH7 has a very known crashing issue among the community but devs seem to have buried their head in the sand.

Edited by FearForDignity
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FearForDignity said:

I'll add my two cents while we're on the subject. Doing the paintings in either order doesn't matter. If your game is going to crash, it will crash. I don't mean to discredit you or anything but its anecdotal, I've done devils taproom first more than half of my runs playing the game and only crashed there once. 

 

CH7 and the beginning of 14 (I've actually crashed in CH14 more than ANY other chapter) are problem chapters for the game for some reason, but the game can basically crash anywhere just like any other game. That said, this game does crash more often than your average game which isn't a good thing, and even more so in CH7 for some reason. The paintings, like you said, are hotspots for crashing. If you're playing classic--save BEFORE you do the paintings to avoid having to replay a shit ton of gameplay.

 

I personally used my saves as follows:

 

4 before marrow

7 as you enter the new open world area and trigger the paintings quest, go back in to safe room and save

8 before big boss fight 

11 before going into the lab

13 before big firewalk

15 after big boss fight

16 before final boss

 

Each person will find what works for them, but if there is one thing for certain if you're playing on console SAVE on CH7. It should be the one guaranteed instance of a non negotiable save due to crashing issues. At this point, if your game does crash you are only losing 10-15 minutes redoing CH7 and continuing with the story.

 

Cheers and GL with the rest of your classic run.

 

Btw you think it would've been fixed by now since CH7 has a very known crashing issue among the community but devs seem to have buried their head in the sand.

Thanks for the in depth info that you provided I'll keep that in mind :)

 

I finish my classic run a while ago and luckily for me my game didn't crash on other chapters, I'm also has a doubt on doing the shooting gallery because on my survival run before my game crashes twice on it.

 

I just don't know why the issue is not fixed by the latest patch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, thank you for the infos. I crashed at CH7 too on Classic, I'm glad that I chose to save at the begining of the chapter, not just before Bob Ross. With these crash riports... man, this will be harder than Dead Space 2 😩

My method was: 1. Saved Sykes, 2. Hotel, 3. Bar  =  Crash after I killed the clicker.

So I'll try Alesana's method  (poor Sykes, not even 25% chance XD) with no internet connection and save before Bob Ross following Fear's saving plan.
Pff and I was planning to max out the shooting galery at the end of a section before saving, but in the light of the recent events, hell no. I have enough grass and gunpowder, thank you xD

I'll comment the results.

Edited by N7_Wesker
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, N7_Wesker said:

Guys, thank you for the infos. I crashed at CH7 too on Classic, I'm glad that I chose to save at the begining of the chapter, not just before Bob Ross. With these crash riports... man, this will be harder than Dead Space 2 1f629.png

My method was: 1. Saved Sykes, 2. Hotel, 3. Bar  =  Crash after I killed the clicker.

So I'll try Alesana's method  (poor Sykes, not even 25% chance XD) with no internet connection and save before Bob Ross following Fear's saving plan.
Pff and I was planning to max out the shooting galery at the end of a section before saving, but in the light of the recent events, hell no. I have enough grass and gunpowder, thank you xD

I'll comment the results.

 

I'm hoping that it will also works to you the one that I did :)

 

The game is really great but the crash issues is too annoying.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018. 03. 09. at 11:50 AM, Alesana_1992 said:

Hello guys I just wanna share a good work around to avoid the crash issues that occurs in Chapter 7 when you're on the 2nd painting. 

 

Patch 1.04 still didn't fix the issue and reinstalling the game also didn't fix it. BTW I experience it 3x in a row but I have work around for you guys if ever you're still experiencing the issue.

 

1. Ignore Sykes when a horde of mobs trying to kill him. I ignore Sykes because even though I follow the next steps below the game crashes again.

2. Go to Sanctuary hotel as your 1st painting to interact. This one is important because the game always crashes when you go to Devil's tap room first.

3. Go to Devil's tap room for the next painting.

 

I hope this one helps because when I start doing the steps above I no longer experience the issue.


I can confirm Alesana's method. Worked for me on the first try, no crash. I even managed to grab the 3 statues, and the shotgun pouch under the clicker. At the bar, I ran through the enemies and shot a smoke at the door. Skipped all dialogues, and just to be sure, I turned off the internet connection, and turned off the PS for 15 minutes before the try.

Good luck, the rest of the game will be cake ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, N7_Wesker said:


I can confirm Alesana's method. Worked for me on the first try, no crash. I even managed to grab the 3 statues, and the shotgun pouch under the clicker. At the bar, I ran through the enemies and shot a smoke at the door. Skipped all dialogues, and just to be sure, I turned off the internet connection, and turned off the PS for 15 minutes before the try.

Good luck, the rest of the game will be cake ;)

 

Well I'm glad that my work around work for you and good luck to your classic run :)

 

The only trophy left for me is Power house trophy I'm hoping you'll get the plat soon as well.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bugs are still there, the game got completely ruined for me. I have also asked the PS store for a refund, and at Bethesda as well. It's a gem of a game, but thanks to the cheats and the bugs in the game It went to shit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.