Is my game on survivor+ ?

Hey all,

Wondering something if my game is actually on survivor+.

I've finished this game almost a year ago on normal and used the glitch to start Survivor+ immediately after.

Now skip forward I'm in the middle of the game on Survivor. (currently at the workbench at the Museum)

Just wondering one thing to be sure. How can I tell I'm on newgame+ on survivor? and not a clean survivor game

as far as I can tell I got the following to notice:

- press start -> options -> game mode is on survivor(but no + or anything im not sure if it's supposed to be like that)

Checking on Joel's stats ive got 2/2 HP, 1/3craft speed. 2/3 healing speed.

There's no way I'm already this far upgrading joel on a survivor only game right?

Thanks!

Based on the upgrades you have, I'd say that's NG+.

I have my PS3 open at the moment and I checked it does indeed say "New Game Plus" in the save file. I'm not sure if the PS4 save files say that as well, but you could check. It might however be that PS4 saves have less descriptive metadata so that may not help too much.

Edited by IDiivil
Correction on some false information

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. 

I've checked around some more and even when I'm crafting shiv's I get 2 at once. No way that happens so early in game.

Maybe it's because I used the glitch at that time to make the game think I'm on NG+?

It's been so long ago I cant remember ?

21 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Didn't know you could go for that as well damn :")

Well can't be bothered now. I'll first focus on getting the platinum hehe 

I am guessing that I also did what you're doing now, getting the Platinum trophy out of the way, and then lost the motivation for one more playthrough. I did spend 200+ hours in the factions, though.

28 minutes ago, LordSlashington said:

@Deluziion90 Mind if I ask about the glitch? I understand you beat the game a year or so ago, did you perform the glitch at that time or when you recently started it back up? Was curious because I've been meaning to finish LOU myself :D 

Well if you look around on the internet you can finish the game on any difficult you preffer and afterwards you can go to the hardest difficulty +mode using some steps. But thats been almost a year ago and now im just wondering if my game is actually survivor+ instead of normal survivor

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Well if you look around on the internet you can finish the game on any difficult you preffer and afterwards you can go to the hardest difficulty +mode using some steps. But thats been almost a year ago and now im just wondering if my game is actually survivor+ instead of normal survivor

Ah ok, I gotcha. Hopefully that exploit still works haha. Fingers crossed for you on your current run being the right difficulty.

• Like 1

Go back to Options > Game > Difficulty. If you can change the difficulty then you are on NG. If you can't change it you are on NG+.

Edit: Just noticed you used the glitch to get to Survivor+. No idea if this changes what I said.

Edited by mekktor

• 1 month later...
On 10/03/2018 at 9:11 PM, Deluziion90 said:

Checking on Joel's stats ive got 2/2 HP, 1/3craft speed. 2/3 healing speed.

Regardless of difficulty, the amount and location of pills for Joel's personal upgrades don't change. The gearparts will drastically decrease in amount though.

On 11/03/2018 at 1:29 AM, Deluziion90 said:

I'm almost certain this is newgame+ the glitched way. My bow, shotgun and the rifle are all maxed out on stats the moment I've received them

I never glitched this game but it sounds like you've answered your own question :)

Edited by GonzoWARgasm