New speech exploit (need testing)

I just found out how to quickly level up your speech in case you are climbing your way to 20 (reccommend 15 speech+ bonus stat or bard potion, lowborn perk and speech +2 strength -2 perk is helpful, there are few more that effected speech stat too)

You need 20 speech stat.

First, go to Rattay and go to the guard that will outside armor shop near potion shop/bench (near south rattay fast travel point)

Pickpocket him and surrender, pick persuade and it will success if you have 20 speech (he has 20 speech) , you gain +10 exp toward speech per attempt (I tried at level 17). and surprisingly this can be repeat over and over for some reason without reduce xp, meaning you get +10 every time ! I just got trophy for level cap and speech lv 20 :D 

It will be a bit or grinding but it will be done eventually, afterward , you can just reload your save if you care about reputation.

I am curious that this will also work on other guard with 20 speech or not.

Someone please test this that this guard that standing in front of armor shop is same guy in every game. my expectation is, it is the same for everyone because he is one of the main quest NPC. he actually one of the few guard that never move from the determine spot.

Edited by FielVeredus

• 3 weeks later...

Well I advise you don't do this until you have finished the game if you still don't have speech at max because if you take time to talk to everyone, do every quests, bargain here and there you should be at 20 naturally.

Personaly I reached the max level just after I've been recruited to sneak in the monastery, which is about 2/3 of the main story. But I was also close to doing my 80 sidequests.

21 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

ok,my speech is level 19  5% 

How to quickly level up?Your method works?

it's work for me. Basically you need to pickpocket the guard and try to win the speech to gain level up until you can't do so then move on to the next guard.

But particular guard i mentioned seems to let me repeat til I level up.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...