Daily walkthrough

gnova

I am about to start and found a few daily walk throughs of how to maximize each day. Several at gamefaqs and a spreadsheet at PlayStationtrophies.org. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to use to maximize efficiency on the first playthrough?

Mainly just do as much of the palaces as you can when you are able to enter them. Preferably get to the treasure on your first run. But if you can't get to the treasure the first time then try to beat the palace in as few days as possible since going into a palace means it will use up a day. Some palaces are more lenient than others but still, it's a good idea to stock up on as much as you can using the vending machines around town for health and SP restoring items since that's the main obstacle when it comes to completing a palace early on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I used the spreadsheet at .ORG and it left me with tons of free days.

It was also nice because I copied it to my Google Drive and then added more sheets so I could keep track of all the books I read, my personas I still needed, games I hadn't finished etc.

Thanks! I will do the same

14 minutes ago, gnova said:

Thanks! I will do the same

Good luck :)

Hope you enjoy the game as much as I did

Also if you (for some reason) find yourself running out of time you can make a save, play all the video games and then reload your save as they don't give you anything you need

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

Some of the spreadsheets are better than others but they all do the job

They are not completely optimised for platimum purposes though. Few reasons but mainly due to every single one avoiding Safety difficulty. 

Whichever u choose to follow, just make sure u DOUBLE CHECK every action. Its very easy to make a mistake that can trigger a domino effect, just the posts on the sites/threads u mention and u wil see

Each spreadsheet has safeguards in place for mistakes, but some trophy requirements are missable before u reach those safeguards.

Rather than spread the free days out throughout the yeae, each guide has them in one massive block at the very end of the game, which is potentially 100hrs away depending on ur playstyle 

Now most mistakes are recoverable at that point, but some are not. Some mistakes, u may not notice until 50hrs later! 

Just make sure u save regularly and double check everything and u should be fine and hopefully, u dont make a mistake involving a missable action

• Like 1

Exactly!! 

The spreadsheets/guides have all avoided Safety difficulty. It makes the game much easier and quicker including Trophies, but guess they have there reasons

The belief is that Safety makes Futabas lines difficult and capturing the Personas more difficult, but its the opposite

First of all, on Safety, u dont have to worry about dying so you NEVER lose ANY progress. That means Futabas lines progress or Personas captured

Some difficulties, when u die, u resume from last save meaning progress between then and ur death is lost

Safety also allows u to acquire 5 times as much money, so this means NO grinding at ALL!! So easier to create Persona

Also, if u utilise Chariot Rank 7, u will acquire much more Personas via instakill because u will level up quicker. And this way is a guaranteed way to acquire Persona, unlike negotiation which is hit and miss

Some believe u will level up to fast on safety, so less battles meaning less lines but this isnt the case

I have got Futaba lines Trophy on Safety 3 times with absolutely no backtracking and no fighting the same shadow twice

On Safety, as long as u only fight battles u have to, i.e no backtracking or farming then ur level will be good

Normally at about palace 3 and above, with Chariot R7, u will instakill the first half of palace enemies, but battle the 2nd half

Then u only have to change characters every Palace, and make sure each battle last at least 3 turns before u attack any enemies, and dont block. This gives enemies chance to perform actions and lines chance to trigger

Problem with Futabas lines on difficuties above Safety, is that as well as trying to acquire lines, u must also try to survive urself

On Safety, u dont have to survive which means the lines are easier to acquire as u will never lose any progress

I may not have explained to well as I am on my phone, but Safety will make everything easier

Just on Safety,  DO NOT do any unnecessary farming and once you have Futaba, make every battle last at least 3 turns before u attack, and change characters each Palace

Best to keep the at least 1 of the worse weapons and skills for each party member to make the battles last longer when u have futaba. Since u cant block to get lines, u just do the lowest dmg attack or magic attack so u dont kill the enemies quick

Futabas lines isnt abiut playing bad, if u play bad above safety, u literally wouldnt kill any enemies I guess in its purest sense. And above Safety u must still survive anyway, the main approach for Futabas lines is to just apply a inpractical battle strategy

U change characters and prolong battles without killing the enemies. On Merciless or hard, this would take skill ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/31/2018 at 9:53 AM, optimusmart said:

Since u cant block to get lines, u just do the lowest dmg attack or magic attack so u dont kill the enemies quic

One more quick question, why can’t you block to get lines? I have been blocking and still getting them I think

Edited by gnova

1 hour ago, gnova said:

One more quick question, why can’t you block to get lines? I have been blocking and still getting them I think

You will still get A line when blocking, correct, but the range off lines that could occur would be extremely shortened

The reason is because blocking prevents any ailments, crits, weakness hits etc to land, meaning all those lines will be missed

You must let enemies actually hit you for the bigger range of lines to appear. Otherwise, the only lines you will get are lines related to your health level aminly which you likely already have

• Like 1