My Journey to Platinum all Final Fantasy Games (Mainline)

linkdevivo

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

I don't know man. I haven't felt the AAA jive this generation all too well. In my opinion I think the Playstation 3 in many ways had better AAA games.

However I did notice on the .org website that the DLC that says "Online", doesn't actually have to be played online. At least I hope not.

I was talking about XV, my bad.

Hey.

Not a fan of the XIII trilogy but they are part of the main ff line so if you want a complete plat experience you should try them too. 

Since I platted the 13 trilogy, both 10 and 10-2, and am very close to 12 as my 100th plat I figure I would drop by some suggestions to make your playthroughs easier.

12: Nothing too hard really, the zodiac version is far far easier than the original, make sure you keep track of the monsters you defeat through the story though, qlso black mages are overpowered, if you dread Yiazmat have someone be a shikari/mage build.

10: Use the expert grid which has less nodes to fill and the Tomberry trick for exp, other than that, it'll be your grindiest FF, though  it balances out by being (imo)  the best ff and an evergreen yet effective battle system

10-2: has the best battle system in all ffs imo, other than that not much to say though, follow a guide during your playthrough that there are too many missables and enjoy the international only coloseum.

13-2 it's easy like 15, the only tedious part is the fragment collection, you can play the entire game on easy and switch to normal for a specific cie'th fight in Oerba, kinda like Ifrit, dlc offers good fights but they have no trophies

Lr13-3 easiest and shortest, you can play the entire game on easy if you want (the final boss has an high difficulty curve on normal initial ng).

Good luck and have fun.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1

Beware Zodiark.

That's all I have to say for FFXII: The Zodiac Age.

This Esper is pure evil if you don't know how to fight it. I am still avoiding this newborn dragon-goat thingie as it traumized me with Darkja spam. The side effect of Darkja is pure 100% troll-bait... and there is no save crystal before the fight like there are with the other Espers, so you have to fight through a ton of uber enemies in the last screen and lose resources every time you get a Game Over, and you will get a Game Over from this jerk if you aren't careful because he sets up a shield making him invincible for two minutes when he hits critical health.

Other than that, the game was pretty fun to get through.

From what you said about FFXV Royal Edition, I might put it on my bucket list. The problem is all of the DLC.

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SquidBaronet said:

Beware Zodiark.

That's all I have to say for FFXII: The Zodiac Age.

This Esper is pure evil if you don't know how to fight it. I am still avoiding this newborn dragon-goat thingie as it traumized me with Darkja spam. The side effect of Darkja is pure 100% troll-bait... and there is no save crystal before the fight like there are with the other Espers, so you have to fight through a ton of uber enemies in the last screen and lose resources every time you get a Game Over, and you will get a Game Over from this jerk if you aren't careful because he sets up a shield making him invincible for two minutes when he hits critical health.

Other than that, the game was pretty fun to get through.

From what you said about FFXV Royal Edition, I might put it on my bucket list. The problem is all of the DLC.

Thanks for the tip. Will definitely take it into account.

Definitely buy the Royal edition man. The DLC comes included and it's pretty cool!

• 1 month later...

Guys... i'm not gonna lie. I'm having a hard time with FF12. I just can't get into the story, i hate walking around back and forth everywhere, even with 4X the speed booster, grinding isn't that much fun either, having to change the gambits every 2 seconds when i wanna upgrade is also tedious. This is the make it or break it for me. I stopped a couple of weeks ago and played through Far cry 5 on my main account, and uncharted 4 and infamous second son on my 2nd account. Having a hard time getting the energy to go back. I even enjoyed FF13 more than this.

Just feel i'd share some of the stuff that's going on with this journey to platinum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, linkdevivo said:

Guys... i'm not gonna lie. I'm having a hard time with FF12. I just can't get into the story, i hate walking around back and forth everywhere, even with 4X the speed booster, grinding isn't that much fun either, having to change the gambits every 2 seconds when i wanna upgrade is also tedious. This is the make it or break it for me. I stopped a couple of weeks ago and played through Far cry 5 on my main account, and uncharted 4 and infamous second son on my 2nd account. Having a hard time getting the energy to go back. I even enjoyed FF13 more than this.

Just feel i'd share some of the stuff that's going on with this journey to platinum.

Yeah, 12 is an either love it or hate it game

• Like 2

2 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

I don't blame you a bit. Just finishing the game back when it came out was a chore for me. 

Not to mention SquareEnix themselves publicly said they screwed up on the game. 

I've always found it weird that years later I hear more praise about it then when it first came out when almost everyone agreed it was boiled crap with no story. 

I still remember beating the game and being like "that's it? That's the end of the "story"?"

I haven't touched it since. I will probably never platinum all the FFs because of that game :(

• Like 2

On 7/9/2018 at 0:53 PM, Dav9834 said:

I don't blame you a bit. Just finishing the game back when it came out was a chore for me. 

Not to mention SquareEnix themselves publicly said they screwed up on the game. 

I've always found it weird that years later I hear more praise about it then when it first came out when almost everyone agreed it was boiled crap with no story. 

I still remember beating the game and being like "that's it? That's the end of the "story"?"

I haven't touched it since. I will probably never platinum all the FFs because of that game :(

On 7/9/2018 at 0:39 PM, SnowxSakura said:

Yeah, 12 is an either love it or hate it game

Good to know i'm not alone in feeling this. I was actually really excited for it when i bought it. now i feel like I have to power through even though i'm not liking it. Maybe i'll start FFX instead and try to start my platinum run with that one instead.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

Good to know i'm not alone in feeling this. I was actually really excited for it when i bought it. now i feel like I have to power through even though i'm not liking it. Maybe i'll start FFX instead and try to start my platinum run with that one instead.

12 is probably my most hated final fantasy up there with 13, nothing was enjoyable about it. The cast of characters, the story, and the gameplay just didn't click for me.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Hey all! It's been a year.

So long story short FF12 broke me. After getting the platinum trophy in FF7, FF9, FF13 and FF15 (twice), i started FF12 and I just couldn't go through with it. I hate it with a passion haha. I got FF burnt out, but i'm proud to say that im back baby. I'm like 20 hours into FFX and having a blast. I'll give my impression if and when i platinum it, and im SO LOOKING FORWARD to getting the FF8 plat now that it's confirmed to be coming to consoles. I'll keep you all posted. This year's E3 really got me hyped so I'ma finish this journey.

Link

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

Hey all! It's been a year.

So long story short FF12 broke me. After getting the platinum trophy in FF7, FF9, FF13 and FF15 (twice), i started FF12 and I just couldn't go through with it. I hate it with a passion haha. I got FF burnt out, but i'm proud to say that im back baby. I'm like 20 hours into FFX and having a blast. I'll give my impression if and when i platinum it, and im SO LOOKING FORWARD to getting the FF8 plat now that it's confirmed to be coming to consoles. I'll keep you all posted. This year's E3 really got me hyped so I'ma finish this journey.

Link

FF12 could always be the last FF, since there will be FF8 and the FF7: Remake next year. I'm trying to, casually, do the same thing for the Tales of series.

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

FF12 could always be the last FF, since there will be FF8 and the FF7: Remake next year. I'm trying to, casually, do the same thing for the Tales of series.

I think that's what i'll do. Leave FF12 for last and that way I have extra incentive to get the platinum. Great idea.

As for the Tales series, you'd be a legend. Can you believe i've never actually played a single one? Thinking about giving it a try.

Good luck if you do end up doing it :highfive:

• Like 1

If you really wanna cheese FF12, there's a way to get seitengrat(best weapon in the game) near the beginning using RNG manipulation. Should take less than an hr to farm 3, and the entire game will become a joke. More info here: 

Good luck with it. I really couldn't get into the story either, and the game for me was just "let the game play itself". The only redeeming factor was that, with the above info, it was really easy to just cheese most of the trophies.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ShonicTH said:

Good luck with it. I really couldn't get into the story either, and the game for me was just "let the game play itself". The only redeeming factor was that, with the above info, it was really easy to just cheese most of the trophies.

This tip is worth GOLD my friend. Thanks a lot.

40 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

I think that's what i'll do. Leave FF12 for last and that way I have extra incentive to get the platinum. Great idea.

As for the Tales series, you'd be a legend. Can you believe i've never actually played a single one? Thinking about giving it a try.

Good luck if you do end up doing it :highfive:

For beginners, I would say try Tales of Xillia, but that's on the PS3 (not sure if you still have yours). Alternatively, you could try Tales of Berseria on the PS4. I don't think you need to know the lore of Zestiria to play it. Zestiria wasn't that good anyway. To me it is the FF12 of the Tales of series. Some say the recently Remastered Vesperia is the best, but I haven't gotten far into yet. Though if you want to plat it, it will take over 100 hours.

10 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

For beginners, I would say try Tales of Xillia, but that's on the PS3 (not sure if you still have yours). Alternatively, you could try Tales of Berseria on the PS4. I don't think you need to know the lore of Zestiria to play it. Zestiria wasn't that good anyway. To me it is the FF12 of the Tales of series. Some say the recently Remastered Vesperia is the best, but I haven't gotten far into yet. Though if you want to plat it, it will take over 100 hours.

Maybe after i finish all these FF games i could give it a try..

8 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

This tip is worth GOLD my friend. Thanks a lot.

No problem lol. As an added note, most weapons need a specific license, with the exception of Seitengrat, so you'll be able to equip it as soon as you get it. The other thing I'd recommend down the line(it's a slight grind), is 3 ribbons. This you'll need to grind your license board for, and you honestly won't need it until late/post game. There's a couple of different ways to grab it, but the way I did it was that I went through trial mode, and on floor 49 there's an enemy(Hashmal) where his rare steal is a ribbon. Basically just spam steal on him, and if you get anything other than a ribbon, quit and reload the trial mode autosave. Sadly you'll have to do floors 1-48 3 times, however the ribbons and Seitengrat will be enough to carry you through the entire game plus most if not all of post game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small update: I beat FFX and liked it a lot! will give my full impressions once i achieve this baby's platinum, and im close. The grind is killing me though, i'm almost at the end. Still have to fill out the sphere grid (already have everything i need for the level grinds), capture a small bit of monsters to unlock the final one, and get the blitzball league first place for wakka's crest/sigil.

I can smell the fucking finish line.

13 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

UPDATE: Finally got FFX platinum after that bitch of a grind. I've posted my thoughts on the original post and it was a long one as I felt strongly about this game so be sure and read that if you want.

Congrats! I liked FFX well enough when I first played it years ago, but don't have the urge to do it again. I will play FF8 and FF7 Remake when they release.

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Congrats! I liked FFX well enough when I first played it years ago, but don't have the urge to do it again. I will play FF8 and FF7 Remake when they release.

Thanks dude. It was a tough one. Almost gave out hope. Hope you enjoy 8 and 7R

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 11:18 PM, ShonicTH said:

If you really wanna cheese FF12, there's a way to get seitengrat(best weapon in the game) near the beginning using RNG manipulation. Should take less than an hr to farm 3, and the entire game will become a joke. More info here: 

dude, just wanted to say that I decided to take you up on this tip and im back in the game baby! I just skip every cutscene since the story just didn't click with me (The ONLY FF game i've done this with). I'm on track to get this plat! thank you for this.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Swap IX and XII round and I’m in the same position as you!

I’m dreading the jump rope and 10k kills trophies in IX.

I’m halfway to platting World of Final Fantasy too, you should add that to your list seeing as you like turn based combat.

I have X-2, XIII-2 and Type-0 too but those will come after the mainline games. 

• Like 1