Do I Need to Play Mafia 1 to Understand Mafia 2's Story?

Spiersaz

No. the story is not connected at all. Back in the ps2 games I really loved mafia 1, it was a pretty good game. Mafia 2 is set a few years in the future, but there are some characters from the first game in it.  

Don't worry you should be good without playing the first game.

EDIT: By in the future, I mean in the future of the first game. not future of our time.

Edited by Kirbz

No. the story is not connected at all. Back in the ps2 games I really loved mafia 1, it was a pretty good game. Mafia 2 is set a few years in the future, but there are some characters from the first game in it.  

Don't worry you should be good without playing the first game.

EDIT: By in the future, I mean in the future of the first game. not future of our time.

"In the future there will be robots." -from Vice City soundtrack

Anyway, wanted to like and play Mafia 1, but the constant stop & start loading times just pissed me off too much to get very far in the game. I'd like to see them re-introduce it where the info is streaming so I can finally play thru the game. While they are at that, how about doing the same with Driver 2. Had the same damn problem with that one too.

Edited by PSXtreme_

Mafia 2 DLC is a tedious chore. There is a :bronze:  in Jimmy's Vendetta for driving 1000 miles. People clocked 10 hours of driving around to do that. That's ridiculous! I knew I would never get that one. Whomever came up with that trophy should be smacked upside the head. :highfive: