Turn off your internet-connection!

GeckoKebab

I really felt like making a post for this issue, because I've had loads of trouble with this game relating to the usb-save.

This game will save in a cloud, even if you backup on a usb, if the game autosaves you will spawn at the autosave the game made. For me it was really easy after I turned off the internet connection of my PS4, because it really loads your usb-save, not one that is actually a bit further down the line. (I've read about this issue many times and still didn't realise that this game backups online... Actually, I wasn't even aware of the fact that this is possible at all)

Maybe many people figured this out on their own, but for me, it was really confusing when I realised, the game even reminds you of turning on the internet connection when offline (it is a single-player only, so why?). And I haven't read about this online-issue on any trophy-platform at all. I may risk my shiny ultra-rares with this post (maybe not, even with usb-backup the game is hard...), but I thought it was worth pointing out, that the usb-backup-saves only work, if you TURN OFF your internet connection!

I still haven't platted the game, but with my now working usb-save there is a realistic chance I will be patient enough to do so. And I'm pretty sure other people will have a chance to at least finish the game, too and not give up after not getting the duck hunt.

• Like 4

I am confused. I got Duck Hunt, died several times while doing so and loaded my save and I never played with Internet connection off :hmm:

Edit: Wait, I haven't used USB save, the only thing you are not allowed after dying is to go out of the room because then it saves automatically, so I just closed the game and started it again to get another try at the duck.

Edited by Savyna

• 2 weeks later...

You must be really skilled then ;p The game autosaves the second you die - if you don't close fast enough, there's no getting back. It's not just the duck hunt, every trophy can be unobtainable because of this autosave function. For me it was horror, to realise that I've made all those manual saves for nothing. I don't remember the specific location I got spawned way further, than I wanted, but there are factors, that make you just back out the game way too late (at least I wondered for a few of the random trophies, why they wouldn't pop, after I was sure to meet the requirements). The reason for me to open this post was in fact, that I've read on different guides that people had the same issue and just couldn't explain why they spawned two rooms further, than their actual usb-save should be. So I thought it would be helpful to point this out for those players. At least I experienced the same and took almost the whole game to understand, why this happens.

With my offline-method I managed to get all the trophies except the oldschool daze (going offline for this is pointless anyways)- this one I'll keep for another day, after about two weeks of permanent failing I just need a break from this evil game.

3 hours ago, EdnaKatze said:

You must be really skilled then ;p The game autosaves the second you die - if you don't close fast enough, there's no getting back

I can just say how the game worked for me and I can guarantee you I've never played offline and I definetely died at duck rooms after collecting them (sometimes even stupiditly often...). The autosave takes place as soon as you go into another room, not if you die (You can even see the save icon every time you enter a room). Before I started my trophy run I read that on a trophy guide that it is enough to restart the game, instead of loading. And that's exactly what I did everytime I died or did something stupid. Backed out of the game, before entering another room, restarted and got every trophy on the way.

3 hours ago, EdnaKatze said:

For me it was horror, to realise that I've made all those manual saves for nothing. I don't remember the specific location I got spawned way further, than I wanted, but there are factors, that make you just back out the game way too late (at least I wondered for a few of the random trophies, why they wouldn't pop, after I was sure to meet the requirements)

And this is the difference between you and me. You tried to use back up saves. I've never reloaded a former save or let the game autosave after mistakes, so your problem could have never occured to me. That's why I was so confused when I read your first post I guess (and the fact that couldn't remember at first that I did not use Back Up saves). Out of curiosity I tested if your problem would be there with a save and yes it happens like you say, the game don't care if you load an older save, which I think is pretty strange, so your recommendation to play offline if you want to use older saves is good. Better save than sorry. But otherwise backing out of the game and restarting should also do the trick.

Edited by Savyna

On 21/04/2018 at 5:00 PM, EdnaKatze said:

You must be really skilled then ;p The game autosaves the second you die - if you don't close fast enough, there's no getting back.

That's actually not true - it autosaves after you enter a new room.  At least on PS4, no idea about Vita.  You can die while holding a duck but as long as you close the game and don't go out of the room before doing so, you're safe.  I did this at several points (there were barely any ducks I DIDN'T die on with my first attempts) and it worked just fine.

The icon that looks like a saving icon is a loading one. The saving one looks like a loading one. I don't know why.

But yeah, if you do want to back up your saves (I did it for the minigame ones in case I accidentally completed them over the time limits - which I did for the cube one), you do need to disconnect from the internet when loading up the game and the save.  You can reconnect after and it'll overwrite your online-save with the one you're using from your USB, and it'll work fine going forward.

• Like 2

I can confirm @Kristycism´s statement. I got the Duck Hunt trophy yesterday and died nearly with every duck:D. When i died i just quit out of the game imediately and started it again. Trophy popped normally after collecting the last duck.

I just used the back up save stategy for the mini games, so i play always with internet connection off.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DeathShark22 said:

I can confirm @Kristycism´s statement. I got the Duck Hunt trophy yesterday and died nearly with every duck:D. When i died i just quit out of the game imediately and started it again. Trophy popped normally after collecting the last duck.

I just used the back up save stategy for the mini games, so i play always with internet connection off.

I can't remember for sure, but I don't think deaths are saved until you actually exit a room. All that is saved inside a room is collectibles, anything else isn't until you exit. So rather than exit the game and load back up after a death, you can just quit in the options menu and then load the save back.

I was creating a collectibles guide for this and was playing with a few things. I believe I tested what I mentioned in the first quote, and I still got the Trophy fine. I just can't be sure though cause it was a few months back, that guide has been on hold for a while ;)

5 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

I can't remember for sure, but I don't think deaths are saved until you actually exit a room. All that is saved inside a room is collectibles, anything else isn't until you exit. So rather than exit the game and load back up after a death, you can just quit in the options menu and then load the save back.

I was creating a collectibles guide for this and was playing with a few things. I believe I tested what I mentioned in the first quote, and I still got the Trophy fine. I just can't be sure though cause it was a few months back, that guide has been on hold for a while ;)

Hm, thats interesting. Because the options menu says "Save & Quit" if i remember correctly and i wasn´t sure what it would save so i always quit out.

But it could actually work, because if you quit out the game all the other collectibles are saved except the ducks.