scemopagliaccioh

Question about levelling Riku

7 posts in this topic

So... it's the last trophy I need for the plat but I was wondering:  is it worth it to reset my playthrough? Right now I'm at level 59 proud mode, does proud mode give me less experience/ enemies like neoshadows high numbered cards? Because, if that were true I'd reset this hell right away.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don´t think it´s worth it. I have done it 2 times in proud mode (ps3 and ps4) and it took more or less the time the trophy guide says. Besides, you are already at a good level so it won´t be that bad. It´s a long and quite a bit boring grind but really easy 😁

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure for Chain of Memories if you start with an extra ability if you play on beginner mode, but I would say it isn't worth it. It is a grind anyways so I would just stick with proud mode. 40 levels to go!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, decided to push on, 72 right now, I'm  taking a break for now and start working  on  other games, thanks for your answers.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Yeah, decided to push on, 72 right now, I'm  taking a break for now and start working  on  other games, thanks for your answers.

Level 72 but not even at 40%....good luck.I did it on beginner at ps3 and on proud at ps4. I couldn't tell the difference

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironically, this is my first post and it's for one of the least enjoyable trophies/plats I've ever chased. That said, for anyone in pursuit, here's a few tips from my experience beyond what the trophy guide says for Riku:
 

- I finished a Proud run-with a time of 6:40 and at level 50. I skipped much of the story dialogue and almost primarily used the "Strong Initiative" card to get my way though every world. This ensured I fought all enemies, while assuredly expediting the process. I can only speak to my experience, but I had a great drop rate for these cards and never had to roulette for them; I hope the same for you.

- In one of the final rooms of Castle Oblivion I did as the guide said and would run from battles after fighting all but one or two enemies (two if it was a basic shadow or nocturne). Try and position yourself on a ledge where a nocturne appears, as you don't have to move and they're the perfect distance away from a preemptive strike. Always run if you don't strike first unless you don't mind spending the time fighting. It doesn't take too long to get used to the enemy formations, and once you do you can farm with ease. I used probably 5 strong initiative cards to take me from level 55 to 99, levels 85 to 99 being on a single card, and at least one or two enemies per room dropping the "Strong Initiative" card when I'd accidentally defeat them all.

- For perspective, you need 1.31M experience to get to level 99. I had 170k experience at level 50, which was only 13% of the way there. I got to level 99 at almost exactly 14 hours on the play clock, meaning I finished the other 87% in 7 hours 20 minutes, which equates to 155k experience per hour. I did exactly as a describe above for that entire duration, using Mickey cards for healing, and going back to save every five levels (mainly for the heals too because I didn't have max health until around level 70). Obviously this assumes you're being as efficient as possible, but it's a good estimate as you slog your way through.

 

Good luck! Podcasts help pass the time, that's for sure.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished it myself. As with other's experiences here, I spent a little over 6 hours going from 62 to 99. Bit of a pain but once you get there it's likely the end of the plat grind

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.