The worst story and content balancing I've ever seen in a game of this scale.

Gr4de_04

16 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Obviously the game is based on the movies.  Captain obvious.

Not only that but the OP made it clear he hasn't seen the movies.

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

If that's true, then that seems far dumber than anything that's being argued here. What - do people just take the title of "Mad Max" in post-nuclear-war Australia? Do they have a battle royale to determine who gets the honor?

I could be wrong, I'm going off something I vaguely remember reading when the game first came out. But it made sense to me. Why have a movie character doing all these things that make no sense? It's easier to make it an alternate version of the same character.  But fuck if I care, what I played of the game was great, even with its faults. But I've seen and loved the movies, so maybe I am biased in a way?

Edited by Green
  • Like 1

I've seen the movies, but the story was pretty weak still, the characters aren't particularly memorable, and everything moves too quickly in the last third, like it ran out of ideas.

The gameplay isn't too bad, but the fighting is way less responsive than something like Batman, and it doesn't really do anything interesting like it in the same way Shadow of Mordor did - it's definitely a step down in that regard.

Driving combat - fun, but also gets repetitive after a while, the last boss in particular was a joke (hook, blast, hook, blast - job done. Seriously?). The rocket launcher is also incredibly OP and reduces a lot of the car combat to just waiting for it to reload.

The camps were by far the funnest part of the game, and I thought they were pretty cool, they actually managed to mix them up pretty well.

I'm on my way to platting this game, but if you are thinking about picking it purely for the trophies - don't bother. The amount of busy work is insane. You will do the same shit literally hundreds of times, with little reward. You have to complete 191 scavenging locations - broad majority will give you 20-50 scrap and a short fight. What's the point? It's just busy work, and it adds so little to the game.

• Like 4