Something You Might Not " Know " About The PS3....

BDKSimba

did you Know that you can Create as many " sub-accounts " or " Main " accounts on 

one PlayStation 3 (PS3).?

all you have to do is format the hard drive. :awesome: 

I would recommend uploading anything you wanna save to the Network or cloud prior to doing so.

just a little something for those who think they are locked :shakefist:  into the sub-accounts they created.

had a long convo with Sony about erasing My sons' sub account and they try telling Me I couldn't :shakefist: .

@ the end I thought them something new B) . thought :hmm:  they might be others wanting to do the same.

well, now you know.

well, is there something about the PS3 that you think We might not know that you think We should.?

post it here.

• Like 1

are you talking about deleting users?

yeah. from Ur main account. say under Ur main account U have 2 sub that for whatever reason U want to delete and start 2 new subz. all U would have to do is format Ur hard drive and reload Ur main account as da master and create 2 new subz. or even load 1 of Ur subz as da master and so on.

Speaking of accounts....with the PS4 they BETTER let you upgrade your sub to a master account after 18.

yea, this a problem My son is facing now. wanted to upgrade his account and they say not possible :shakefist:  :lol: . he pissed EA won't let him on their servers cause originally when I set his account up I placed his right age. but they did say it advances as U get older. so when Ur 18 Ur PS3 will acknowledge the fact that U are 18. :P

edit : I might have misinterpreted Ur original question. if Ur asking about making Ur account a master even though Ur under 18? U can. as long as it is the 1st account loaded on da PS3 it is considered da Master account. well, if this isn't what U were asking, see 1st answer.. B)

Edited by BDKSimba

if you go to your name, you can press triangle and change your status to "Not available" and a orange clock will appear by your name so others know to leave you alone if you don't want to be bothered.

There's something most ppl don't know about the ps3!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

What I was originally saying was that I was honest when I created my account several years ago, I entered my correct age. Now I am 18 and my account is stuck as being a lowly sub-account. I have nearly 4,000 trophies so I am NEVER going to abandon it. I just want to buy things easily.......I cannot believe this gen would not let one's account to upgrade once the user turned 18. Even the evil Microsoft allows it. That is what I want Sony to fix with the PSN on the PS4.

yeah. from Ur main account. say under Ur main account U have 2 sub that for whatever reason U want to delete and start 2 new subz. all U would have to do is format Ur hard drive and reload Ur main account as da master and create 2 new subz. or even load 1 of Ur subz as da master and so on.

yea, this a problem My son is facing now. wanted to upgrade his account and they say not possible :shakefist:  :lol: . he pissed EA won't let him on their servers cause originally when I set his account up I placed his right age. but they did say it advances as U get older. so when Ur 18 Ur PS3 will acknowledge the fact that U are 18. :P

edit : I might have misinterpreted Ur original question. if Ur asking about making Ur account a master even though Ur under 18? U can. as long as it is the 1st account loaded on da PS3 it is considered da Master account. well, if this isn't what U were asking, see 1st answer.. B)

What I was originally saying was that I was honest when I created my account several years ago, I entered my correct age. Now I am 18 and my account is stuck as being a lowly sub-account. I have nearly 4,000 trophies so I am NEVER going to abandon it. I just want to buy things easily.......I cannot believe this gen would not let one's account to upgrade once the user turned 18. Even the evil Microsoft allows it. That is what I want Sony to fix with the PSN on the PS4.

dude, this answers Ur question. yes U can make Ur account Master no matter what Ur age is, no matter if it was a sub-account b4 on another PS3 or a sub on the current. just format hard drive and load that account 1st.

edit :  if Ur asking about making Ur account a master even though Ur under 18? U can. as long as it is the 1st account loaded on da PS3 it is considered da Master account. well, if this isn't what U were asking, see 1st answer.. B)

if you go to your name, you can press triangle and change your status to "Not available" and a orange clock will appear by your name so others know to leave you alone if you don't want to be bothered.

Fav feature ;)

and ty BDK, i knew the jists of what to do your topic merely summed it up :pimp:

They don't get the message though :P

I get more messages with the orange clock showing than I do when I actually want to talk haha.

I don't understand what you guys are saying about the under 18 years account. I mean, pretty sure I put my real age there when I created it, and I wasn't 18 years old, and still have access to things.. I mean, I've bought GTA IV's DLCs, which are supposed to be +18 (right?)

Is it a US thing?

I don't understand what you guys are saying about the under 18 years account. I mean, pretty sure I put my real age there when I created it, and I wasn't 18 years old, and still have access to things.. I mean, I've bought GTA IV's DLCs, which are supposed to be +18 (right?)

Is it a US thing?

it might be. depends on Ur age now. da Network store might not care what Ur age is when purchasing. r U just might be an adult now r over da age of 18. but certain servers won't allow U online till U hit their age requirement. EA for instance won't allow My son to play online cause of his age.  and duely so, he's only 9.

but, DVT's complaint is a completely different matter. I think he thinks that his sub-account has to stay sub just because of his age. but it doesn't.

DatLoli, on 07 Apr 2013 - 03:32, said:snapback.png

If you want to appear offline on psn for whatever reason.... (too lazy to describe step by step and there is a video of it anyways)

Beyondthegrave07's is describing da same thing 4 post above Urz.

disregard My comment in spoiler. definately watch video. exactly what I'm talking bout. thanks again Datloli :highfive:

Edited by BDKSimba

NO FREAKING WAY!!! I had no idea....I shall have to do that soon!

dude, this answers Ur question. yes U can make Ur account Master no matter what Ur age is, no matter if it was a sub-account b4 on another PS3 or a sub on the current. just format hard drive and load that account 1st.

Beyondthegrave07's is describing da same thing 4 post above Urz.

Umm.. that something entirely different if i recall correctly. In grave's method, you will be online and your friends will see you... But Loli's method is a kind of invisible mode, so you will be online but your friends will not see you when you sign in (i.e you will appear off-line to your friends but you can play on psn as normal) when you put those three dots. The only downside is that you can't get messages but everything else is ok...

Edited by HeySumbode
  • Like 1

If you want to appear offline on psn for whatever reason.... (too lazy to describe step by step and there is a video of it anyways)

sorry about earlier comment, was a bit distracted to actually watch video. this is exactly what I'm talking about. thanks. B)

Umm.. that something entirely different if i recall correctly. In grave's method, you will be online and your friends will see you... But Loli's method is a kind of invisible mode, so you will be online but your friends will not see you when you sign in (i.e you will appear off-line to your friends but you can play on psn as normal) when you put those three dots. The only downside is that you can't get messages but everything else is ok...

thanks for correcting Me. it is completely different and something that will prove useful B) .