accessories! for ps vita? the best and why ?

ridwaano

PS Vita Accessories

Hi everyone on psnprofiles,

i really need help with the ps vita! :o)

so far i had the PS vita for couple of weeks, and i really enjoy it!;

but i feel like that is missing something, sure more games, but they a on their way, (soul sacrifice)

i really need new accessories!; so far i been looking at grip and backpacks, what about sound improvement ?

or better way to personalized some1 PS vita.

but what do you all have? and glad about the ps vita? accessories or what do we miss?

vita_25.jpg?w=604

I bought the starter kit for mine - the neoprene pouch and the lanyard are a godsend. My hands are getting used to holding it but whilst I know its a bit woosy to have a wee string around your wrist - at £220 and super smooth I aint risking it.

The leather case that is part of the kit is great for packing for airports and works a treat for video playback.

I have had no problems with sound as it picks up and plays through my Creative D100 speaker ;)

The only accessory that I need now is a 32GB card as I have filled the 4GB that came with it and the 8GB one that I got for half price for buying it with a vita.

God I love PS Plus :D

• Like 1

I bought the starter kit for mine - the neoprene pouch and the lanyard are a godsend. My hands are getting used to holding it but whilst I know its a bit woosy to have a wee string around your wrist - at £220 and super smooth I aint risking it.

The leather case that is part of the kit is great for packing for airports and works a treat for video playback.

I have had no problems with sound as it picks up and plays through my Creative D100 speaker ;)

The only accessory that I need now is a 32GB card as I have filled the 4GB that came with it and the 8GB one that I got for half price for buying it with a vita.

God I love PS Plus :D

What about grip attachment?

don´t you want 1 like that?

I looked at the one that has the handles out the side but it started to get very clumsy looking and far from drop it in your pocket portable.

Honestly tho, once I started using the lanyard thing, any worries about grip disappeared. You aint going to hold it for a very long time to play anyway, whilst its only half a pound weight that tires out your arms after an hour or so.

If it falls, well its going to be hanging off my left wrist.

Besides different games have different ways to hold - to me Gravity Rush is very different to Uncharted Golden Abyss and both are different again to LBP so a grip that works for one is only going to be a hindrance to another. The vita being a bit bigger than the PSP makes it more natural to hold for me anyway.

• Like 1

I looked at the one that has the handles out the side but it started to get very clumsy looking and far from drop it in your pocket portable.

Honestly tho, once I started using the lanyard thing, any worries about grip disappeared. You aint going to hold it for a very long time to play anyway, whilst its only half a pound weight that tires out your arms after an hour or so.

If it falls, well its going to be hanging off my left wrist.

Besides different games have different ways to hold - to me Gravity Rush is very different to Uncharted Golden Abyss and both are different again to LBP so a grip that works for one is only going to be a hindrance to another. The vita being a bit bigger than the PSP makes it more natural to hold for me anyway.

thanks god they made it bigger then psp !! and 2 analog !, anyway i just feel that somthing missing on my ps vita :P like more remake game ps2

I contemplated getting a grip attachment and decided against it. I'm glad now that I have the free reign that I do. I, personally, don't use a lanyard but, I can see the practicality. If I were you, i'd start off with no grip attachment - unless you already have one :lol: - and see how it goes for a while. If it still doesn't feel right, then try the grip. As Rory said, I like to be able to drop it in my pocket and go if the situation arises.

I have the PDP Trigger Grips, and this case that is supposed to be used at a stand. This is the only one that I could find that fits the Vita snugly without the need to remove the Trigger Grips. I also recommend http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ROO1XA/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for your protective covers. They come with 3 sets for the front/back and cover the entire front, not just the screen. They also come with a nice velcro tie for your cords.

For sound, I'm still using the one that came with the Starter Pack. I use the case (if you want to call it that) that came with the Starter Pack to carry my USB, earplugs, cleaning cloth, game holder, etc. And of course, 32gb card. And i have a car charger adapter as well. 

PS+Vita+Trigger+Grip+4.jpgpTRU1-12083422reg.jpg

Edited by MatCauthon

My hands started cramping when playing so I got the one above. The trigger grips cut out the hand cramps I was having. The triggers make it more comfortable to hold.

The cramps go away if you push through them, haha. I thought the original Arcade games in LittleBigPlanet were made even more difficult by the way you had to hold the Vita and the controls were not very intuitive. How did you play those with the grips?

The cramps go away if you push through them, haha. I thought the original Arcade games in LittleBigPlanet were made even more difficult by the way you had to hold the Vita and the controls were not very intuitive. How did you play those with the grips?

some games I take it off. Like the games in LBP that required you to hold the game sideways. Or the mini games in Bentlys hack pack. but Uncharted/resistance  my hands would cramp something fierce with out the triggers

• Like 1

some games I take it off. Like the games in LBP that required you to hold the game sideways. Or the mini games in Bentlys hack pack. but Uncharted/resistance  my hands would cramp something fierce with out the triggers

Ah, that makes sense. Is the trigger grip easy to put on and take off?

Ah, that makes sense. Is the trigger grip easy to put on and take off?

yeah it takes 2 seconds to take off and put on.

Yeah, it's a breeze to take on an off. The only downside I've noticed is that that the if you have to carefully place the protective cover. Otherwise the grip could cause small air pockets near the triggers.

I also put a small piece of fabric on the inside of the triggers so the Vita triggers don't get scuffed up to badly from the plastic. 

• Like 1

I don't have too many accessories since I had to cut back my hours at work due to school. I have a sleeve, two 4GB memory cards, a 32GB memory card (that my grandma threw away! I'm glad it wasn't trash day, so I got it back...) and a screen protector. I really, really wish I got a protective film for the rear touchpad since I somehow managed to put a mini (but very noticable) scratch on it. I also have a game case that holds eight games and two memory cards, which is a bit of a waste since most of my Vita games are downloaded, and the one that isn't just stays inside my Vita.

I just bought the hand grip attachment by Hori (apparently authorized by Sony as an "official authorized" Sony/Vita accessory)  Gamestop had it on sale for $9.99, I did get one just 2 days ago, though I see today the sale ended however it's still cheaper than the Amazon price.

After reading all the reviews about the various Hand-Grip attachments, this one seemed to have the best overall, while other attachments had comments that mentioned they caused scratches on the Vita. As someone above mentioned, after paying the <not so cheap> cost of the Vita, I don't want to skimp on an inferior product only to find it causes more problems than solutions.

I will say this, the most common complaint about the Vita, which I agree with, is holding the Vita (depending on the game) can be anywhere from a minor irritant to outright difficult & even painful to the hands/forearms. I bought the Nerf grip (also overall decent reviews), & so far it has made a world of difference in comfort & ability to hold the Vita. I'll have to wait & see & post again with the Hori grip arrives. Cheers to all my fellow Vita gamers.. :D