Control scheme & general gameplay tip

Hey there everyone :)

I have just completed both versions of Hex Tunnel Touch. 

I didn't really like the controls (moving up and down with L2 & R2), therefore I went to the accessibility settings and remapped L2 and R2 to D-pad up and down. 

From my point of view, this made the game a bit easier. 

Additionally, just like in the VR - versions, I tried to stay as close to the bottom left or right corners as possible most of the time. This worked very well in the "Earth" level in particular, I almost didn't have to move there at all. 

You only have to complete the elemental Arcade levels and the basic Chaos and Ultra levels, no need to play anything else (there are more levels with certain names this time). 

Best of success to you! 

Greetings from Germany :)

• Like 4

Where are these "accessibility" settings you speak of??  I don't see it.  As the game is it's unplayable for me because the touchpad won't move me left and right like the intro says.  I've tried all my different controllers, and pressing all over the touchpad, swiping L/R, etc. nothing works.

Got it, you have to just barely gently brush your finger on the touchpad to move L/R like you're using a smartphone.  Quite possibly the worst controls in the history of video games.

Edited by Narniak
adding to comment

On 5/2/2018 at 5:24 PM, Narniak said:

Where are these "accessibility" settings you speak of??  I don't see it.  As the game is it's unplayable for me because the touchpad won't move me left and right like the intro says.  I've tried all my different controllers, and pressing all over the touchpad, swiping L/R, etc. nothing works.

Got it, you have to just barely gently brush your finger on the touchpad to move L/R like you're using a smartphone.  Quite possibly the worst controls in the history of video games.

You have to access your PlayStation settings, there's the option Accessibility, then Button Assignments. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just starting this today and wow I have to agree these controls are a disgrace, mainly using the touchpad for left and right is a real pain as it barely wants to move.

Honestly dunno what they were thinking about when they came up with these horrible embarrassment controls, like what’s wrong with have L3 and R3 as left and right movement....... :facepalm: 

Edited by Conker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Played this yesterday. Some tips below, might be useful to other players:

Fire & Air Element Strategy: Some guides report that the best way is to stay left or right, but I found the following much more easier. When the game starts press L2 to completely go down before entering the tunnel. The game will slightly move you upwards, so press L2 gently again to lower a little bit down. You will find yourself at the bottom of the tunnel. From there you just go left-right in order to avoid the various obstacles.

Earth Element Strategy: Almost the same applies here. Just press L2 all the way down before entering the tunnel and then try to stay full left or right (but not touching the side). The last is mandatory, otherwise you will have to avoid this crazy jumping vertical log!

Edited by Blackbeard
Typo.

Wasn't too bad after a while of getting used to the dumb touchpad so don't feel too worried about it if you're thinking about grabbing it for the 2€.

I feel like the Water level is the only one that might cause small problems because you actually have to go up and down. All of the others went past easy enough by just keeping low and I never got TOO frustrated.

Mentioned tip about changing the controls to use the D-pad for up and down is solid though. Do it.

Edited by Rankidd