Any boxing fans out there?

freddie1989

Greetings,

I am split on those because i felt Marquez had the best of the first 3 fights but Pacquiao was getting the better of 4 until the KO..strange really.

I am a huge fan of Ricky Hatton, probably my all time favourite.

That's Boxing for you anyways, Marquez always start off slow then gains momentum after each round. While Paquiao come with everything at the start both very good Boxer indeed.

And Yes Ricky Hatton was good, one of Europe's finest :lol:

Right Here!! Still like it better than mma but enjoy both.

My favorite fighter is Canelo Alvarez. Hopefully he gets to fight mayweather before he retires.

He is a good Mexican prospect and that would be a good match, too bad Chavez Jr wasted all this years fighting rookies instead of challenging the toughest in his weight class

The most frustrating part is that Chavez could have beaten Martinez had he put his foot down earlier in the fight. Still think he is one of the top fighters around and will definitely bounce back from it to become champion again.

Yeah he lacked motivation at the start.

We have hope that he may reach the level his father had in his time. But, is hard to become a Legend.

Edited by wolf723

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping Khan can put on a show tonight against Diaz. No doubt it will be entertaining as always.

Can't see the Audley Harrison 'fight' going more than a couple of rounds tbh, hope i'm wrong & he shows some will.

Shall attempt to stay up for Garcia 'n Zab (won't be here until around 4am) as its the one that interests me the most.

Looking forward to a long night of boxing :D

Hoping Khan can put on a show tonight against Diaz. No doubt it will be entertaining as always.

Can't see the Audley Harrison 'fight' going more than a couple of rounds tbh, hope i'm wrong & he shows some will.

Shall attempt to stay up for Garcia 'n Zab (won't be here until around 4am) as its the one that interests me the most.

Looking forward to a long night of boxing :D

What a night of boxing it was as well!!

Felt Khan fought the right fight and did more of what he needs to do, still has stuff to work on but got the job done.

Harrison i did feel was a bit hard done by, the ref should have stopped Wilder throwing shots while he was down and should have let it carry on, think previous results clouded his judgement!!

Think the Garcia outcome makes things very interesting as i thought he would deal with Judah easier than he did!!

Finally, Martin Murray was robbed by home advantage, showed Martinez' vulnerabilities now he is 38.

What a night of boxing it was as well!!

Felt Khan fought the right fight and did more of what he needs to do, still has stuff to work on but got the job done.

Harrison i did feel was a bit hard done by, the ref should have stopped Wilder throwing shots while he was down and should have let it carry on, think previous results clouded his judgement!!

Think the Garcia outcome makes things very interesting as i thought he would deal with Judah easier than he did!!

Finally, Martin Murray was robbed by home advantage, showed Martinez' vulnerabilities now he is 38.

Yeah many mexican boxers have been robbed when going to Argentina and Puerto Rico.

Martin Murray should have one, almost nocked Martinez out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not this generation of boxers yet sure I used to watch Boxing on HBO 30 years ago with the likes of Tyson, seen him become champ.  Seen him lose his title.  

Seen Julio Caesar Chavez, seen Sugar Ray Leonard, seen Foreman, Holyfield, I quit watching around the Lenox Lewis timeframe.

This was such bullshit, I remember it like it was yesterday, great match probably the best I've ever seen...until the ending...