Is the trophy glitch allowed?

hugesawfan

There's a glitch that causes several random trophies to pop simultaneously, from what I've heard you can repeat the glitch until every trophy for the game has popped, giving you the platinum. Seeing as the online trophies are no longer obtainable I'm definitely interested in exploiting this. My OCD can deal with leaving Warhawk as my only non-platinumed game, hoping Buzz Quiz TV doesn't have to become one too.

The glitch is detailed in the link below. It doesn't involve hacking your PS3, which is obviously forbidden, involves deleting the game data, refusing the first update, playing a match in game, exiting to XMB then replaying the game but accepting the update, for some reason this triggers a glitch that pops trophies at complete random. Although it doesn't involve jailbreaking your PS3 I'm still uncertain whether or not this would be a flaggable offense.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/buzz-quiz-tv/6824-trophy-cheat-glitch.html

• Like 1

It doesn't unlock the 20 MyBuzz Quiz trophy, just so you know.. As far as I know that's the only one you won't get by doing it, whether or not you'll get flagged for doing it I couldn't tell you. If you look on the fastest achievers list for the game they've all used it so i'm assuming it's okay to.

Edited by SlimSanta94

I used the glitch a long time ago and did get a warning from Sony of Buzz itself. Not sure anymore but I did get warned if I would do it again they would take some kind of action. Not sure anymore what the warning itself was. Might of been just being blocked going online in the game itself. But I got the platinum before I got warned so I didn't bother with it anymore.

• 1 year later...

wow.. i have 4 playstation 3's and use 2 for a beach house use (bluray and kids playstation)... both somewhat linked with my psn.. I had this game installed on both of those ( i own actually own 3 copies ). We didn't have internet down at the beach house, so I generally don't put on updates etc.. so today I thought I'd check this out (no longer had the beach house),so I loaded the game, and there's an update.. loaded up and wow.. trophy pop..  did it with the 2nd ps3.. there's another.. I feel guilty doing this.. hadn't touched the game in years..

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 7:00 PM, Dr_Egsman said:

I did this recently and now whenever I try to play the game normally, it crashes. I don’t know if this is because I did the glitch or because of some other reason but might be worth keeping in mind if anyone is thinking of trying it.

Probably because the PS3 has had new firmware updates that may be in conflict with a very old game that has not been patched for years.  This is the problem with super old legacy games especially the ones that no longer have support from the devs.  There is always bound to be a clash with the coding.

Latest PS3 firmware update was on February 2023 for version 4.90.