Vita Version

Mordkigh

I'm looking at buying the multiverse version of this and as I spend more time on my vita than my ps4, wondered if the vita version is any good. Vita games tend to be prone to glitches and numerous problems like with the Jak and Daxter trilogy. Any help would be highly appreciated. 

Edited by Mordkigh

On 25.5.2018 at 0:26 AM, Mordkigh said:

I was looking at the multiverse edition on Amazon. It looks gorgeous. Thanks for the input guys. I know what game I will buy next for my vita!

You won’t regret the purchase. This game is badass! One of the best vita games out there.

• 4 weeks later...

The Sly Cooper collection ran okay on the Vita, but I definitely noticed a lot of slowdown with both Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank.

It's not that the Vita isn't capable of running those games, these are essentially PS2 games that a more modern system should handle with no issues. The ports are awful, because I was getting around 10 - 15 FPS (frames per second) on the Jak and Daxter collection. Unacceptable.

Axiom Verge should be okay. I tested Super Meat Boy on my Vita and it ran pretty well.

• 2 years later...

I realize I'm responding to a two year old thread, but still... I started my run with the game on the Vita, since I tend to play games like this on the Vita and enjoy that experience more than on the big screen.

I switched to play this one on the PS4, not because of slowdowns or game issues, but because of the controls.

I don't have huge hands or anything, but I tend to hit the right stick a lot on the Vita when pressing some buttons, and especially when I need to tap on the right side of the screen.  When you get the disruptor, by default it uses the top right area of the screen as the button.  This would almost constantly cause me to hit the right stick and bring up the weapon select wheel.  I switched the disruptor to be the right shoulder, putting the drill on the screen, but playing this blind I still found myself using the drill often enough (definitely more than was needed).  Also, using the touch screen while playing on hard made the controls a little too finicky, in my opinion.  I didn't get much further than the second boss before switching, but I now know that the bombs would be the screen as well, plus the weapon shortcuts (which I didn't use on the Vita).  I would not want to do some of the tougher areas on Hard on the vita, and imagine I would struggle with a deathless speed run on Normal.  I probably could have swapped a bit more of the controls around, if I continued, and would suffer through and be okay.. but this game just plays better with a full controller.  It was a night and day difference when I switched to the PS4.  I'll have to look at control schemes for other games before I play them on the Vita, anything that really relies on the right stick and touch screen is just too much for me to play it precisely - I'll stick to PS4 for those.

• Like 1