How much power is enough power?

Willreaper41

So I've built myself about 1/3 the way down and have about 40 people in my vault but even with 5 fully upgraded generator rooms I seem to have a lot of trouble keeping above the threshold of having a blackout. I try to have at least 3 people with high S in each one but it does little to help. Am I doing something wrong or is power that ass? Do I need more people? I'm trying to play it safe to make sure I get the plat in one go but I think I may be causing more problems that way.

The size/level of a room determines how many it creates per cycle, and amount of its specific special stat (from dwellers) determines the cycle speed

Look in ur stat, and look at power production/min and consumption/min. U want the production to be quite a bit higher. If both were the same, your amount would never increase/decrease as long as u are collecting the resource as soon as available

If the production value is a bit higher, ur amount will go up slightly every cycle, u get where im going with this

It can take a while to get ur head around, but u want each resources production rate perhaps about 20% higher than the consumption wait, then it will slowly increase every cycle.

To increase production, either create or upgrade more power rooms to increase amount created, or add more S stat to increase speed

Hope this explains it well enough

That's strange that you barely have enough power. i got 45 dwellers and only have 3 fully powered rooms and have more than enough.

I do have 5 - 6 people in each room to maintain my power rooms.

Also i saw you already got your trophy for having 50 rooms, that's probably the problem when you only have 40 dwellers..

50 rooms demand a lot of power.

Edited by TNekke

You should prioritize filling rooms before building more. I mean if you've done that with other resources that's probably the reason why you have such high power needs. Combine dwellers into rooms and delete any spare. Only build more if your rooms are full and you aren't producing enough

Yea, that's what I figured. I thought I was playing it smart by trying to build up before getting more people but now I don't have enough people to run the damn things efficiently. I'll need to figure out a better balance I guess, time to start breeding again. Luckily I don't think deathclaws come until I have 60 people.

8 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

Yea, that's what I figured. I thought I was playing it smart by trying to build up before getting more people but now I don't have enough people to run the damn things efficiently. I'll need to figure out a better balance I guess, time to start breeding again. Luckily I don't think deathclaws come until I have 60 people.

Btw, all u need to breed is power and time.

If u want to sort out ur vault in safety until u get back ontop of things, let water or food go to 0, incidents wont happen then