Booster hate?

jackmadrox

On 7/2/2018 at 7:17 AM, ninjagirl657 said:

Some people take gaming way to seriously, telling someone to kill themselves is childish, pathetic and down right horrible. I got mental health problems, where I can get suicidal, so telling me that, would tip me over the edge.

This isn't meant as a joke but I hope you are seeing someone for this as saying "if someone told me to kill myself it would tip you over the edge" is something that could actually have you on 24 hour watch. I mean it is someone you have never met over the internet saying something random to you...if you value your life so little then you really really need to see someone on a full time basis.

I know what I am talking about...here is a little of my experience..

I have grown up with suicide all around me. My uncle walked himself into the river when I was 4, my brother has been trying to kill himself since I was 10 and one day he work me up when I was 16 to say bye to me because he had downed an entire bottle of sleeping pills and a bottle of wine. Luckily he did because I was able to keep him awake long enough for the paramedics to arrive (and he was institutionalized after that), the day after my siser's wedding my cousin (the son of my uncle who killed himself) went missing and my aunt called me to look for him with her. We found him on a bridge and we luckily talked him down.

On 7/6/2018 at 8:50 PM, Spaz said:

The problem is there's no person to person conversation. It's all done on the internet, because like this guy I too used to get death threats from people because I was slightly better than them in an online multiplayer game.

Do people honestly think half of these occurrences would occur in person? No, because they would get the living shit kicked out of them.

suicide, eh?...i tried it once as a teen but didn't like it so don't think I ever need to try it again...

this topic is slightly odd...there are angry people in the online world...there are nice, happy people too...i think a big deal is being made about nothing...just let it go and move on...trolls will always exist...worth wasting energy on?...not as far as I'm concerned...op bit the bait and got reeled in therefore giving this person more power than they deserve and securing that their behavior will most likely continue indefinitely...it's not booster hate, just another angry, insecure, lonely person out there looking for attention in any way possible...provoking people = success...

side note : if you know someone who is suicidal, help them...love them...tell them you give a $hit about them...be there...

Dr Mayus - Thanks for the concern, trust me I didn't take it as a joke/offence, as I been under the mental health team for 2 1/2 year and a lot more better in a long time. I should of been more clearer, it just makes me angry when trolls/bullies who can't play or get a beating would stoop so low, that they don't know what is going through the other person's head. I've been battling suicide thoughts every day for 30 years, been on suicidal watch and have come a long way, in the past year. I got borderline personality disorder, so I completely understand the seriousness of suicide and why people would take their life, as they can't cope and feel they got no one to talk to, as their friends/family is usually pre occupied with their own lives, that they miss the warning signs. Trust me we value our lives, it just one way of escaping from not coping with life. You find alot of people with mental health problems, value their lives deeply, it just more deeper then that, with a bit more understanding, you find 9/10 of those who wants to take our own live, sees it as the only option, when your in that frame of mind, common sense goes out of the window. It was more of an be more aware of what you write, as you could get a knock on the door by the police with a manslaughter charge. Everything writing on the net, or on ps4 is recorded and stays their, you send something like that, be prepared for the consequences, say that in the street and expect a big kick in.

Glad you were able to help your uncle, I had a few friends that took their own life, never a easy thing to go through, didn't know they suffered, as haven't seen them in years and only found out through facebook.

I agree with everybody else, just report them and be done with them. Ignore the message and move on, internet or not, they just leave pathetic lives, that even the slightest comment to someone struggling with mental health/suicide thoughts, could tip someone over the edge. If you get beaten on MP, don't moan and get better, life is just to short to worry about other people online who moan when they get a beaten. Haven't had the death threats yet, only had 1 kid who add me, told him I had social anxiety due to not using mic, he then called me a weirdo and delete me. I then left it as that, with a simple message of "Ok, no probs. Bye" simple, easy and don't feed the trolls. not worth the time or effort. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone and just want to clear that up...

• Like 1