visighost's 13,418-hour backlog

visighost

7 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Quite impressive organization!  Perhaps you're thinking of your backlog in the same way I am, fellow forty-something; eventually, when we retire, we'll have a nice stockpile to keep ourselves occupied.  

Haha, I actually do tell myself this is all for retirement, but I'm also keenly aware that if the PS5 (or 6 or 7) is not backwards-compatible, there's a good chance these games will never be opened. Plus, that's what I tell myself when I buy a Lego set or music or etc. etc. so there's a lot of competition for my future-time.

Meh, I'll probably keel over in my fifties and then my wife and kids will put it all on the curb. At least digital games don't take space!

24 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's an impressive table. Btw Dragon Fin Soup is broken and the plat is unobtainable. You may as well drop it from the list as the constant crashes and freezes take away all the enjoyment from what would've been an entertaining game.

I'm aware DFS and others (Luftrausers, Badland, etc.) are broken, but as long as I can still enjoy the games, I don't mind so much. I love Luftrausers, for example. I tried DFS back in the day and it didn't crash for me (yet?).

I almost never go after trophies that have a multiplayer, speed run, or no-death component - so I'm screwed out of the CODs and Limbos of this world!

6 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

13.418 hours...

yy3Sskr.gif

Aka me questioning my life choices.

5 minutes ago, visighost said:

I'm aware DFS and others (Luftrausers, Badland, etc.) are broken, but as long as I can still enjoy the games, I don't mind so much. I love Luftrausers, for example. I tried DFS back in the day and it didn't crash for me (yet?).

I almost never go after trophies that have a multiplayer, speed run, or no-death component - so I'm screwed out of the CODs and Limbos of this world!

Nice, you must be very lucky if DFS didn't crash yet. Have fun then.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I thought it would be interesting to take a look back at how my backlog had changed in the past six months, it being a new year and all (I updated the tables in the original post).

Erm. It hasn't improved. There are several reasons, I suppose:

-My PS4 is on the fritz, the new one is taking its sweet time getting here, and the games I started on the now out-of-storage PS3 haven't been too enticing;

-Older kids mean later bedtimes mean even less playtime;

-This year's Holiday Sale had so many cheap games that were too tempting to resist;

-Even tackling through a bunch of recent short Ratalika games seems to have barely made a dent.

Oh well. I'm still having fun, be it gaming, checking out sales, reading reviews, or compiling tables!

A great gaming year to you all!

Edited by visighost
  • Like 1