Resident Evil 5 Still Gimped? (PS4)

thefourfoldroot

I'm sorry if a post has been made on this already, but I can't find it (and navigating Forums on a phone is awful due to a very intrusive ad). 

Anyway, I had RE5 on 360 last gen and the wife and I loved it. We got it again to play through on PS4 but it's completely broken. She doesn't get any cash and can't upgrade her weapons unless taking from a common pot. 

Can someone tell me if this has been fixed yet!? We would like to play it but don't want to download it all again just to have the same issue. 

If it isn't fixed yet has there been any word on whether they'll bother? 

30 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Are you guys playing it on the same profile? Like, does she have a separate profile on the ps4 or are you guys both trying to use yours? That might be the issue.

No seperate profiles. It was the same issue on PS3 due to the network architecture and I fear this is a straight port of the PS3 version. 

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

No seperate profiles. It was the same issue on PS3 due to the network architecture and I fear this is a straight port of the PS3 version. 

Well that really sucks. I've played both versions quite a bit and never ran into this issue.

14 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

I never had this issue at all. This is the first time i heard of it. 

Really, I thought it was a pretty well known issue. I'll link to another guy with the problem below:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/187184-resident-evil-5/73998988

Maybe I should have mentioned I was playing local coop (although perhaps this was implied given I was playing the game with my wife) 

Edited by thefourfoldroot

46 minutes ago, biokam said:

I think an only 1st player can manage weapons. If you need any upgrade transfer this weapon to Chris, upgrade it and transfer back (there is move/give an option or something like that).

Yes, we can do that but it means we only get half the money each. Also not sure if it saves to her profile or whether she needs everything to my limited inventory space. Bloody stupid system, 360 version is the only one playable for us currently. Should be able to get a refund :(