How To Make Incidents Occur

TommyP279

Firstly, I know that there are other threads on incident occurrence but I think I have found a way to make incidents occur in a short space of time and that to help people see this information a new thread would be best. I have tried previous methods of leaving my game on overnight and had an astonishing 2 raider attacks and a dead vault so I tried this method. 

I advise to try the AFK method first in the other threads to see if that works for you but as of now this is the only method that works for me.

I have spent the last 4 days testing certain lengths of time to time skip to make incidents and especially raider attacks more common for the trophy 'Get Off My lawn' which is in my opinion the grindiest trophy in the game. 

I found the best time to time skip for incidents is 1 day, 1 hour and 55 minutes. 

My vault at the moment has 29 dwellers, I have maxed resources and around 10k caps. I also have done the bottle and cappy mission as they are a great help to indicate when an incident is likely to happen

So my method is: 

- load your vault up as normal and collect everything. At this point I also send someone into the wasteland and 3 on a quest to also contribute to their according trophies.

- Next enter settings > Date and time > set using the internet and untick the bock saying update time automatically to prevent corrupted saves

- Now go back to Date and time and set the date 1 day 1 hour and 55 minutes ahead

- Now head back to the game where you should have the daily report and music indicating bottle and cappy are on their way.

- From my testing, you should then get an incident in the next 0-8 minutes and with less than 30 dwellers the only incidents that can occur are fires, raider and roach attacks

- You should then deal with the occurring incident and (if you are trying for other trophies) then complete the quest and recall people from the wasteland but this isn't necessary.

- Now repeat the method from step 3 (setting the time forward) and rinse and repeat.

Key points to know:

- Bottle and cappy ,I found, are a great indicator in what incident will happen normally. Fires and radroaches occur when they are still in your vault for the first time and I found raider attacks happen more often when they leave or arrive for the second time.

- If an incident hasn't occurred within the 8 minutes of waiting I would time skip again from step 3 and an incident should happen quicker the next time

- Like I said before, this is a great way to also complete other quests along the way such as leveling up dwellers to 50, completing quests, objectives and scrapping materials but only complete a quest after the incident has occurred.

- I found the best way to pass the time in the 0-8 minute waiting time is to sort out your storage (for scaptastic trophy) or occupy yourself with something else e.g. I went on my phone for a while.

My results from this method (For proof that this has worked for me and hopefully will with you) :) 

1 - roach - 4:43                             11 - fire - 3:04                    21 - roach - 4:06

2 - fire - 2:24                                 12 - raider - 3:19                22 - fire - 2:25

3 - raider - 4:19                             13 - roach - 5:46                23 - raider - 4:11

4 - fire - 0:41                                 14 - roach - 2:56                24 - over 8 mins

5 - fire - 1:54                                 15 - raider - 6:35                25 - raider 1:14

6 - raider - 5:25                             16 - fire - 1:27                    26 - fire - 3:45

7 - roach - 4:24                             17 - raider - 3:58                27 - fire - 2:12

8 - over 6 mins so I skipped         18 - raider - 4:21                28 - raider - 6:33

9 - roach - 0:12                             19 - fire - 3:44                    29 - roach - 3:50

10 - raider -  5:04                          20 - fire - 0:36                    30 - raider - 7:04

As you can see in about 2 hours I had 11 raider attacks which may not seem much but it is a lot better than 2 in about 9 hours of sleep.

It does seem to be very random in my results so you may get 4 raider or 4 fires in a row but for me at least this is a sure way of making an incident happen.

Hope this helps.

Tom :) 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

I don't understand why people don't just play the game. I got the trophy naturally, sure it took me over a month but just spending/leaving the game on for 2 hours a day is more then enough to get the trophy. People just seem to be making this trophy harder then it needs to be because they time skip from the start.

You're on a trophy website so that will inevitably mean that people will want to know how they can get a trophy out of the way as quickly and painlessly as possible. That does also unfortunately include people's first experience of the Jak games being through the debug menu so they don't get to experience the real thing, however it's not really worth getting worked up about someone trying to help people get a trophy. At the end of the day, if you got the platinum without time-skipping and someone else time-skipped there's nothing to show for that, it's still the same trophy on their profile as it is on yours. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, Sergen said:

You're on a trophy website so that will inevitably mean that people will want to know how they can get a trophy out of the way as quickly and painlessly as possible. That does also unfortunately include people's first experience of the Jak games being through the debug menu so they don't get to experience the real thing, however it's not really worth getting worked up about someone trying to help people get a trophy. At the end of the day, if you got the platinum without time-skipping and someone else time-skipped there's nothing to show for that, it's still the same trophy on their profile as it is on yours. 

Yeah, I don't know. This just sounds like an awful lot of work to avoid to doing work. All I did for my 50 raiders was just to leave the game running whenever I was doing something else around the house. But in any case to each his/her own.