Why was my IP blocked?

On August 6, 2018 at 5:46 AM, pinkrobot_pb said:

Yes I understand but then I find it weird that the site does not do some sort of rate limiting instead of an outright IP ban when you go over a certain undisclosed limit.

Do you get the exact same error? Because if your IP had been banned I could not imagine you being allowed to update certain profiles and not other ones. When you try to update a certain profile and it takes you to the homepage it could also be a case of a deleted profile I think.

Yeah, it would say my IP was temporarily banned because of too many update requests everytime I tried looking at someone's profile. But it would still go through for certain accounts, but since posting on this thread it hasn't been saying it anymore.

• 1 month later...
On August 6, 2018 at 5:46 AM, pinkrobot_pb said:

Yes I understand but then I find it weird that the site does not do some sort of rate limiting instead of an outright IP ban when you go over a certain undisclosed limit.

Do you get the exact same error? Because if your IP had been banned I could not imagine you being allowed to update certain profiles and not other ones. When you try to update a certain profile and it takes you to the homepage it could also be a case of a deleted profile I think.

It fixed itself after a couple days of me commenting on this thread.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...