Back To School trophy

SkeithTheTerror

When you master a move it comes up with a screen saying so, green background and a sound effect, did you get this?  If you go back to the master, does he offer for you to try the move again?  The master should have said to throw the guy towards him for the last attempt, and then when you did that the move should have been mastered & trophy pop.

Edit: just seen the above, if you've mastered it in a fight and not when you were taught it then it won't count for the trophy.  Did you get the prompt to throw the guy towards the master when learning and did you throw him in the correct direction at this point?

Edited by StacFace92

If you didn't get the prompt to throw the guy towards the master that explains it.  After a certain amount of attempts at any move, you'll normally be allowed or made to quit.  From what I remember, it does then let you try again until you get it right enough times to master it.  But if you've mastered it in a fight instead then it'll have now locked that out.

If you're trying it again in another playthrough - I did it correctly 3 times in a row, then was prompted to throw towards the master for a 4th.  Not sure if the 3 times being consecutive is a requirement or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know the conditions to get the prompt to learn it? I read that it should happen after you help beat up the land sharks, but going by the marital arts school doesn't give me the cutscene. 

I thought at first, because I did it too late at night in game time, it wouldn't happen and tried the next day. When it didn't happen I reloaded a save and did the fight early in the morning. Went by the school and no cutscene.

8 hours ago, DFuzed said:

Anyone know the conditions to get the prompt to learn it? I read that it should happen after you help beat up the land sharks, but going by the marital arts school doesn't give me the cutscene. 

I thought at first, because I did it too late at night in game time, it wouldn't happen and tried the next day. When it didn't happen I reloaded a save and did the fight early in the morning. Went by the school and no cutscene.

I think it's triggered when you're leaving Hong Kong, but I could be mistaken.