REM12

Is there a way to restore chalks?

10 posts in this topic

I bought some chalks before servers shutdown but does anyone know if you can use chalks when you play offline only and is there a way to restore used chalks? Also if the servers close can i still use purchased chalks when servers go offline?

 

Edited by REM12
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only way is to usb save the game and reload the usb save up if you screw it up. I could be wrong tho

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS Vita:

Download the game and the snooker DLC if you have it but don't install the patch, pause it. So play the game completely unpatched and when you play a match that you think you're going to lose, pause the game and close the game with PS button. Don't quit. When you start the game again, all the chalk that you used in the previous match will be back in your inventory. Obviously if you complete a match or quit a match in-game, you will lose the chalk used during the last match. 

 

PS3:

Download the game and the snooker DLC if you have it and when you start the game for the first time, it will prompt you to download the patches. Initiate the download and cancel it once it downloaded and installed the first two patches. The rest is the same as the PS Vita version.

 

I hope that's clear.

Edited by Mohd_AAAA
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mohd_AAAA said:

PS Vita:

Download the game and the snooker DLC if you have it but don't install the patch, pause it. So play the game completely unpatched and when you play a match that you think you're going to lose, pause the game and close the game with PS button. Don't quit. When you start the game again, all the chalk that you used in the previous match will be back in your inventory. Obviously if you complete a match or quit a match in-game, you will lose the chalk used during the last match. 

 

PS3:

Download the game and the snooker DLC if you have it and when you start the game for the first time, it will prompt you to download the patches. Initiate the download and cancel it once it downloaded and installed the first two patches. The rest is the same as the PS Vita version.

 

I hope that's clear.

Yes i did exactly as you described on ps3 downloaded on first two patches but when i start the game it locks the “continue career” tab and locks the special chalks. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't test the PS3 version but I can confirm that the PS Vita works. I'll test the PS3 version today and come back to you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, REM12 said:

Yes i did exactly as you described on ps3 downloaded on first two patches but when i start the game it locks the “continue career” tab and locks the special chalks. 

note that if you do it this way and already have progress, its not going to work out very good. when i tried this i was almost done with career so i wanted to use chalk for snooker. so i went in reverse with the patches. and my progress had went in reverse as well back to what it was a long time ago. so overall its good if you do it right from the start and not mid career. at least thats how it was for me anyways. i ended up caving in and just buying tons of chalk and doing it legit

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2018 at 5:33 PM, REM12 said:

Yes i did exactly as you described on ps3 downloaded on first two patches but when i start the game it locks the “continue career” tab and locks the special chalks. 

You probably did something wrong, because I've tested the method personally and it works flawlessly. The game version should be 1.03. 

 

As melodicmizery said, you career mode progress save might not work properly and you progress may reset but as the chalks are available and can be restored with the method outlined before.

Just now, Mohd_AAAA said:

 

 

Edited by Mohd_AAAA
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mohd_AAAA said:

You probably did something wrong, because I've tested the method personally and it works flawlessly. The game version should be 1.03. 

 

As melodicmizery said, you career mode progress save might not work properly and you progress may reset but as the chalks are available and can be restored with the method outlined before.

 

 

11 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

note that if you do it this way and already have progress, its not going to work out very good. when i tried this i was almost done with career so i wanted to use chalk for snooker. so i went in reverse with the patches. and my progress had went in reverse as well back to what it was a long time ago. so overall its good if you do it right from the start and not mid career. at least thats how it was for me anyways. i ended up caving in and just buying tons of chalk and doing it legit

 

 

I dont have access to my PS3 but i will retry again to download the main game and snooker dlc only and patch it to 1.03. Now do i just start new career over the old one or do i need to delete my old save file completely and start from scratch?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't delete your save file because most likely the chalks are saved in there. What I don't understand is why you can't resume your career, it might set you back some events but not lock you out completely. Are you sure that you're playing with the correct save file? 

 

I finished 3 career events with the fully patched game and when I downgraded the game to version 1.03 my progress is still the same. 

Edited by Mohd_AAAA
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think one problem i may have had was i had a german copy of the game i originally started on that i got free when playstation was hacked and handed out free games. then i got the free american version from ps plus. both games used different saves. but, when i downgraded the patch for some reason the american game might of been using the german save. id unno it was just really weird i had alot of problems and am glad im just finally done with it. lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.