Rally Fan Trophy Question

Malta_Gamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This trophy is a piece of shit. Among over 7500 trophies, this is EASILY in my top 10 for the worst ever. I'm at the point where I'm not even sure to start the whole game again with a new file just for this. 

I am currently at 700 races and no luck whatsoever. What's worse is that every time I abandon a high-level Rally event (cause what's the point doing an 8 min + stage when you can do the 2-4km stages instead) the rally race counter goes up by 1. However I have seen that the Car counter only counts completed rallies. Which is good, only if you use a specific car the most.

From what I gather, online Rallies (in either mp or the "activity hub" races) don't count towards the progress for this trophy. Considering I have 64 online races and I believe roughly 30 activity hub rallies, that's 100 out of the question. I have also skipped championships and 3-star events I would say about 75 times so I feel that it should have unlocked by now.

I even made a spreadsheet noting down the different stage distances (which I say, is quite random overall, only 3 repeated stages in the 150 I have made the spreadsheet for). 

Can the players who got the trophy explain what they did to get it to pop? Are career mode rallies the only ones that count?

Has the atrocious trophy list with the god-awful online grinding (which is basically impossible without boosting) and completely random appearances of world championships (over 50 gymkhana events completed in a row just to get one to appear) ruined a decent, dare I say, exciting rally game?   YES.

• 1 year later...

Just grinding this out myself now, truly a great way to make you hate a game. If it was 100 or 200 then I might still have enjoyed the game a bit, but pushing me to 500 is just too much to leave a good impression.

Now that's off my chest can anyone confirm if it really is all 500 purely in career, i.e. from the map, or can we choose our own from Quick Race?

• 1 month later...

Quick Races & Career count, unsure about Online. Mine just unlocked at 529 rally stages across all modes.

Quick race is definitely the fastest way. I did most on a 2196m random stage in Kenya that can be completed in 1 minute. Once you finish you can just press square and restart, no need to go back to main menu or use unique stages.

Edited by Steef187
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone. I have just got the "Rally Fan" trophy and the plat?. It unlocked for me after..1197 races overall. I did: 98 online races, 10 quick races (more or less), and the rest on career mode, and i finished to 607 rally races. In career mode i choose races with 1 and 2 stars (sometimes 3 stars..), but i never did the same race! Good luck to everyone?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 04/06/2021 at 1:26 PM, Latgj said:

Most importantly I can confirm that re-playing the shortest or what ever same stage you can find in quick play mode (outside career or "V-rally" mode) DOES count towards this trophy. The way I went about testing this was to use the information that someone here noted that I hadn't noticed in game which was that the tracker on your profile under the "Favourite cars" shows the true number of races completed with that car, while the more notable tracker under "Races Played" if complete bogus and should not be trusted, mainly because it counts every race you restarted or abandoned as a "race played" which is technically true but it doesn't mean it's a race you had finished!

By the time I got this trophy my "races played" showed 910!! while my "races played" under the "favourite cars" (Citroën DS 3 Rally) showed 410. That being the true number means that I had completed a total of 90 races in rally with other cars than my favourite one...

The trophy IS NOT glitched, it only takes extreeeamly long time to do and the game just loves to make you feel frustrated with the false number of races played it displays which just isn't true at all.

So basically, the main counter for this trophy is glitched...but not the trophy itself. This will be an absurd one for the trophy hunting diaries...

• 6 months later...

After more than 200h and finally popping the trophy I can confirm again. 500 races with the SAME car. It doesn't matter if career, online or quick-races. stick to ONE car for the whole game once you have a fast one.

I have more than 1400 races counting every mode.....

Edited by banlieue8952
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just earned this trophy, and can confirm a few things:

This counts any online rally stage/quick race rally stage/v-rally mode rally stage that you FINISHED. Meaning you crossed the finish line and didn't DNF or abort race.

The counter in your profile isn't accurate as it counts every race entered. So if you DNF or abort an event, it will still add to the counter but not count towards the trophy.

You can go into quick race, find a short rally stage, and finish it/press square to restart rather than having to go back through the menus and loading screens. This cuts down the time needed by a lot thankfully.

The counter for your "most popular vehicles" IS CORRECT. If it shows, for instance, you've completed 347 events in the Lancia Delta, then you know you've at least completed 347 Rally stages because that counter doesn't go up when you restart or abort an event, only when you finish an event in said car.

This does not have to be 500 rally stages in one car, I got the trophy after completing 484 rally stages in the Lancia Delta, meaning I completed 16 rally stages with other vehicles as well.

And of course this does not need to be 500 DIFFERENT rally stages. I replayed the same one about 300 times and earned this trophy.

Hopefully this helps clear this trophy up a bit for anyone curious, as there's been many different things being said about this trophy being glitched or what works/doesn't work. I can 100% confirm that these statements I made are true for this trophy.

Edited by Rednax_99
Adding in more info
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Capture

I found on Siberia a stage 2.063m

🎮Stage can complete under 1.05min

🎮Easier to found and fast Kenya 2285m can be done under 1.10min

All 500 stages counts with differents Rally cars between career and quick race with random generator. If you choose one and are farming no change to another country because game only save the last rally stage played settings thats my tips and can get done

Edited by zracingz
Add image prof