Platinum Retrospective & Trophy Tips

Drag-On-Detritus

• 10 months later...

No worries, glad I wrote that stuff down at the time 'cause I wouldn't be able to remember that much now! I hope it helps out. At the time I thought it was pretty wild how many of those trophies can be cheesed but IIRC those X stages with the low buzz rate weren't entirely effort free & not everyone will be as enthusiastic about them as I was. I'd say for newcomers the platinum might be a 4 or 5 out of 10 just to be fair but shmup enthusiasts should have no issues. 

It's crazy how long that US version took to come out. Thought I read about free dlc codes being given out as an apology but if not I would go as far as to recommend buying it & I'm pretty well against that sort of thing in general. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/08/2019 at 11:20 AM, Vergil said:

Did this release digital in west? Can't seem to find it

Sorry, I thought it was but on further inspection not yet (wtf!). The dispatch games store still lists it as a pre-order as well. Apparently the western release has been a bit of a shitshow. I purchased the JPN ltd box with the 7" vinyl over a year ago & that shipped when it said it would so I dunno what their problem is with the other regions but it sucks for everyone who's still waiting!! 

• Like 1

For the 1cc on medium unit I'm having trouble. To make the game end sooner, or earliest possible, what level should you be at for each stage? I can't seem to be low enough level or something. I get up to level 6-7 and stage 4 before I die. 

For those interested in buying the game I know it's available via physical at stores. It's a bit rare though so may want to call or look up your stores inventory before you go. And it's not available on PSN. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

For the 1cc on medium unit I'm having trouble. To make the game end sooner, or earliest possible, what level should you be at for each stage? I can't seem to be low enough level or something. I get up to level 6-7 and stage 4 before I die. 

For those interested in buying the game I know it's available via physical at stores. It's a bit rare though so may want to call or look up your stores inventory before you go. And it's not available on PSN. 

For the levels, 6-7 is very low you might want to get a bit higher than that to power up the ship a bit. To get the TLB a lot of levelling up is required so it should be fine to level up a bit. I only played Medium Unit when I needed a trophy specific to that mode so memory is hazy here but are you using the buzz character with max lives & bombs set in the options? I understand the DLC character isn't available yet for regions outside JPN & AS but if it was an option I'd say use Blanche. It sounds like you're close in any case. I might fire up the game later on today to get a better frame of reference. Can't remember exactly how many stages constitute that optimal easy 1cc path.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

For the levels, 6-7 is very low you might want to get a bit higher than that to power up the ship a bit. To get the TLB a lot of levelling up is required so it should be fine to level up a bit. I only played Medium Unit when I needed a trophy specific to that mode so memory is hazy here but are you using the buzz character with max lives & bombs set in the options? I understand the DLC character isn't available yet for regions outside JPN & AS but if it was an option I'd say use Blanche. It sounds like you're close in any case. I might fire up the game later on today to get a better frame of reference. Can't remember exactly how many stages constitute that optimal easy 1cc path.

I was going off the first post in this thread where he said to stay low level and play survival and that would reduce the number of stages you have to play before the game ends. With my normal play there was 6 stages in medium unit mode, not sure how many you can possibly cut off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Champ147 said:

I was going off the first post in this thread where he said to stay low level and play survival and that would reduce the number of stages you have to play before the game ends. With my normal play there was 6 stages in medium unit mode, not sure how many you can possibly cut off. 

Ah yeah I see I was a little vague there. I just did a 1cc run on Medium Unit using the Axion-R ship on Very Easy with max lives & bombs & the levels at the end of the stages were:

01 - lvl 15

2A - lvl 31

3A - lvl 47

4A - lvl 51

5A - lvl 60

6A - lvl 88

For some reason I thought there were less than 6 stages on the low level run but in any case it only took 15 minutes or less for that play through. I only buzzed what came my way & didn't try to chain level ups. Only ever used short bombs & most of the bosses took about 10 seconds to go down & I only had to dodge bullets a handful of times. 

• Like 1