Million Dollar Tower: Opponent list/Tips and tricks + “cheese method”

AustinMichael1

Earlier I mananged to run this and get the trophy and wanted let everyone know of the opponent list and some other things to expect along the way. If I miss anything, feel free to add below. Also all matches with the exception of the last one have a 10 minute time limit. 

1. Bobby Roode- Normal Match (win by pin/sub)
  2. Samoa Joe- Submission match
  3. Daniel Bryan- Normal Match (win by pin/sub)
  4. Karl Anderson- Normal Match (win by pin only)
  5. Luke Gallows- Normal match (win by pin/sub)
  6. Finn Balor- Steel Cage (win by pin/sub)
  7. Roman Reigns- Submission match
  8. Shinsuke Nakamura- Normal Match (win by pin/sub)
  9. Undertaker- Hell in a Cell (win by pin/sub)
  10. The Rock- Normal Match (win by pin/sub)
  11. John Cena- Submission match
  12. Stone Cold Steve Austin- Falls Count Anywhere
  13. Seth Rollins- Normal match (win by pin/sub)
  14. Brock Lesnar- Steel Cage submission match
  15. AJ Styles Gold (a metallic/golden version of AJ)- Hell in a Cell with 15 minute timer (win by pin/sub). You win this match you also get to use Gold Styles for any other mode. Opponent is 100 OVR. 

Tips and Tricks (some self-explanatory)

1. Save your sigs/finishers for the submission matches. The faster you can get your opponents health to red, the more time you have to get them to submit and not have to fear of having little time to do it.
  2. Save your stamia and don’t burn through it all within the first few matches. It will be hard to do, but the more stamia you have for sub matches the better. I can’t stress this enough.
  3. For the aforementioned submission matches, these are the ones that give people the most problems. I’ve read most people that use the circle method and follow the opponent. Do not do this. Instead, do the “pendulum method”. Pendulum your meter around half the circle, so you cut them off as they try to escape. Only accelerate when they’re about to escape. If you’re the one on defense, don’t pendulum, but power right through their meter. Use the accelerate when you’re about to lose. Only tap it. Never hold it.
  4. Trick your opponent to burn through their reversals. When they are on the ground with 2 or more reversal bars. Spam ground kicks and they will more than likely burn them. Also get them close to the ropes as they are more likely to burn through their reversals by rolling out of the ring and you have a chance to damage them upon reentering the ring. This way, they are less likely to counter your moves and causing more damage to you, which tends to happen a bunch more in the later matches.
  5. SAVE YOUR RESILIENCY/COMEBACK FOR LATER MATCHES. If you’re doing this the normal way, this is highly advised. The later matches are when they start bs’ing everything like kip ups and finishers out of the blue.
  6. For inexperienced or veteran players getting frustrated with this, keep at it. This is a very tough trophy to do legit. Play smart, stay consistent and confident, and this will be yours.

And finally the “cheese method”. It has been brought to my attention that there is a way to cheese through this. By closing the application mid match, you can return to your previous match and continue from where you left off. So if you are getting whooped or about to time out, you can do this and come back with no consequences. Good luck to everyone attempting to go for this.

Edited by AustinMichael1
  • Like 4

I can't do it! I've damage the legs of Samoa Joe to grey. 4 times Calf Crusher I made. However, he always comes out anyway. Very frustrated. Because I want so badly the trophy. I would like to have the platinum-trophy of this game, because I am a huge fan of WWE. 

But I can't get the platinum-trophy without this million tower-trophy. ☹️

I wish someone could play this for me and I really would pay for that.

- $ 100 PSN Card from your country (you can then buy or pre-order the big ps4-game) and I mention you as thanks on my profile description on PS4.

If you want to have my deal, write me on PS4 or e-mail me [email protected]

I'm really serious, seriously.

On 12.10.2018 at 3:20 AM, Benjiunkix said:

I can't do it! I've damage the legs of Samoa Joe to grey. 4 times Calf Crusher I made. However, he always comes out anyway. Very frustrated. Because I want so badly the trophy. I would like to have the platinum-trophy of this game, because I am a huge fan of WWE. 

But I can't get the platinum-trophy without this million tower-trophy. 2639.png

I wish someone could play this for me and I really would pay for that.

- $ 100 PSN Card from your country (you can then buy or pre-order the big ps4-game) and I mention you as thanks on my profile description on PS4.

If you want to have my deal, write me on PS4 or e-mail me [email protected]

I'm really serious, seriously.

EDIT: got the trophy. ?

Thank you so much @tlal_q8_22

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, KRAZAYIE said:

They fixed the cheese method I've made it to john cena twice and couldn't make him submit time always runs out

What's the version, 1.06? If so that close app method doesn't work but cheese method still does. And for submission matches focus on opponents legs after you waste their reversals in order to make them tap out by a Calf Crusher. It'll require 2-3 Calf Crushers because AI can use resiliency when their red payback bar is full. Biggest problem is Brock Lesnar because if he connects Kimura Lock and you weren't able to reverse or don't have resiliency, then game over.

On 5/13/2019 at 0:53 AM, XxIsa-GxX said:

What's the version, 1.06? If so that close app method doesn't work but cheese method still does. And for submission matches focus on opponents legs after you waste their reversals in order to make them tap out by a Calf Crusher. It'll require 2-3 Calf Crushers because AI can use resiliency when their red payback bar is full. Biggest problem is Brock Lesnar because if he connects Kimura Lock and you weren't able to reverse or don't have resiliency, then game over.

I haven't made it 2 Brock Lesnar yet but I did made to Steve Austin#12 couldn't pin him always counter my signature and finishing moves I got his body to purple he still kicked out time ran out and by the time I try to get back of where I was Roman Reigns#7 always stopped me the game updated like 3x

Edited by KRAZAYIE

16 minutes ago, KRAZAYIE said:

I haven't made it 2 Brock Lesnar yet but I did made to Steve Austin#12 couldn't pin him always counter my signature and finishing moves I got his body to purple he still kicked out time ran out and by the time I try to get back of where I was Roman Reigns#7 always stopped me the game updated like 3x

AI reversing your precious signatures/finishers is a problem. You might want to spam Pelé Kicks and waste their reversals and then perform the move or use wake up taunt and if Finisher you can hold down the triangle and let it go about 1-2 seconds later when AI wakes up so AI might get surprised and not reverse it. If you made that far, you can complete it. Never give up and try again, you can do this :). After you unlock that trophy, that'll be Undisputed!

• Like 1