Silent Hill for Kikcstarter

DarkLordSHTR

You know what is funny, even if you did make the silent hill remaster/ remake it will be crushed by konami or the fans will crush it as people who played the later games hate them all and the silent hills/ pt would of been a bomb of crap too as no one can really put a candle to the older games namely 1 to 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I believe Konami took down a Metal Gear Solid remaster that someone was working on a few months ago, but ended up bringing them on as an intern and seeing the remaster inspired a lot of people at Konami to get back to making games. If they genuinely meant that, then maybe we'll get a remaster down the road. Hopefully the Castlevania port is an indication of Konami returning to their senses.

It was taken down but IIRC it became a "interactive museum" or something to visit places featured in the series.

These sort of things get cease and desisted super hard because the people making them always talk about them and they get popular. Recently there was a KOTOR fan remake project going on that got a cease and desist and while it is a shame it happened, I can't help but not be surprised considering that these companies do have to protect their IP even if they are completely okay with it. This notorious pie stealer made a really good video on the subject and I feel like it should be more popular than it is.

23 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

That video lists AM2R as C&D'd but the project continued and it's still active as of today (they literally released v1.4.3 a couple of days ago), it was continued by others though. Pokémon Uranium had the same fate. No Mario's Sky was reskinned to DMCA's Sky.

I think at the time he made it there was no word of it being revived even by other people. Still, the point stands that most of these big fan remake projects get shut down because they wind up talking about it so much or other people wind up saying too much about it and build up hype. The only real way to make something like that is to call it something completely different (like for an example on topic with the thread, remaking a Silent Hill sort of game and calling it Muted Molehill or whatever, but also still keeping things legally distinct) or just don't ever talk about it or at the very least keep it at rumor status and then just release it out of nowhere so the companies can't really do anything about it.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1