Xbox One features a non-removable HDD

Lady Lilith

A 500gb HDD wouldn't be bad for a normal console, but the fact that Microsoft are forcing every single game to be installed to the HDD and not allowing us to upgrade to a bigger one is insulting. In fact, Microsoft's whole Xbox One reveal was an insult to actual gamers. I don't care about watching television on my Xbox that is already hooked up to a television, I don't care about Kinect, I care about games and that is something that was severely lacking at the conference. Hell, the only game I was interested in, Forza Motorsport 5, didn't even show gameplay.

I understand that Microsoft wanted this conference to be mainly about the console and there is nothing wrong with that. But when you're trying to sell a gaming console to gamers you really should show some games. Sony did a fantastic job showing the PlayStation 4 features while giving us actual gameplay from some awesome exclusives and I'm sure they have a lot more in store for E3. Microsoft should have done the same thing, instead they announced a bunch of features that pissed off the gaming community (seriously, who still uses batteries in a controller?) and left us with more questions than they answered.

Parker

• Like 1

A 500gb HDD wouldn't be bad for a normal console, but the fact that Microsoft are forcing every single game to be installed to the HDD and not allowing us to upgrade to a bigger one is insulting.

I doubt a 500GB would be the only model at launch. The 360 and PS3 launched with the choice of different models with more GB's. They'll probably announce a bigger one further down the road closer to launch.

At least they have given people here a lot of reasons to moan about xbox :) MTBF is pretty good in HDD's, you have as much chance if not more of a processor etc blowing.

but end of the day, if they are cheaper than ps4, xbox will still sell more :) hell if there is as much difference as there is this gen I may actually ponder it ...