Yakuza 0 Mahjong help

SSheepGuy

I figured out most of it but somehow I'm having trouble at getting 10 million yen, which I thought should be easy. Even though I'm almost done with all other mahjong related tasks, I'm still at 1 from 10 millions. So there is an expert table. I start playing there. I win once or twice. I get points. Then I lose next 3 and lose all my points from my victory and get no money at all. In the psnprofiles guide they say: "Make sure to quit after every completed game so your winnings get saved". Well when I do quit after winning a game I lose all that money and points I got, absolutely nothing gets saved. That means I have to play through full 5 games or so at that table to get paid out and hope I don't get obliterated even if I win 1-2 games. Got any tips for me? What did he mean by "quit to save your winnings"?  

23 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:What did he mean by "quit to save your winnings"?  

Basically, one game of mahjong goes until one player is “dealer” at least once - a player’s time as “dealer” ends when they lose a hand they dealt. (Minimum four rounds/hands)

After each player is “dealer” at least once, you should save your winnings, i.e. don’t bring your winnings into a new game. 

Note: Dealer is not the correct terminology for mahjong but easiest way for me to explain it. 

ehhh. I hope this helps a little. I hope I didn’t confuse you more. xD

1 hour ago, tumsquared said:

Basically, one game of mahjong goes until one player is “dealer” at least once - a player’s time as “dealer” ends when they lose a hand they dealt. (Minimum four rounds/hands)

After each player is “dealer” at least once, you should save your winnings, i.e. don’t bring your winnings into a new game. 

Note: Dealer is not the correct terminology for mahjong but easiest way for me to explain it. 

ehhh. I hope this helps a little. I hope I didn’t confuse you more. xD

Yeah I got it, thanks. Wasn't too bad overall but all felt very RNG heavy. 

• 1 year later...

Are there good video guides about Y0 mahjong? The guide on psnprofiles is not that good to be honest, it's just some basic stuff and couple examples of hands, which doesn't help much. I would like to watch something with explanation, so maybe I will get the hand of it. 

Best part is, I've done mahjong in Kiwami, Y3, Y4 and Y5, but in Y0 I've forgotten everything and starting from scratch. 

I'm trying going for 3 (does three like 234 works too, or it's only 123 and 456 and so on?), I don't know what winds and dragons do and how form them up, I always discard them and I think that's a mistake because I haven't one a single game yet. 

29 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Are there good video guides about Y0 mahjong? The guide on psnprofiles is not that good to be honest, it's just some basic stuff and couple examples of hands, which doesn't help much. I would like to watch something with explanation, so maybe I will get the hand of it. 

Best part is, I've done mahjong in Kiwami, Y3, Y4 and Y5, but in Y0 I've forgotten everything and starting from scratch. 

I'm trying going for 3 (does three like 234 works too, or it's only 123 and 456 and so on?), I don't know what winds and dragons do and how form them up, I always discard them and I think that's a mistake because I haven't one a single game yet. 

You can do them how you want. 123 or 234. And so on. It doesn't matter.  All of them will work but it has to be at least 3 tiles.

When it comes to the winds, dragons etc. You can use them to get a double or triple tile of the same dragon, wind etc. 

You can also have 2 and 2, 3 3 etc. or more of the same tile. 

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

• 5 months later...