Game and trophy thoughts?

GothGirlMaxine

In terms of the game itself, I reckon it'll be like a non-VR version of The Bellows tbh, which was decent in my opinion. As for the trophies, I'd say find the exit, but be idle by the exit until the other trophies pop and earn yourself a "well earned" 100%. Unless the game will throw a spanner in the works with that one. xD 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

Just watched a YouTube video of some idiot shrieking, and overreacting like a twat whilst playing this game 1f44d.png

Looks ok I suppose.

Hmm. I guess if it's fairly priced I'll give it a go. Might look up gameplay first though. I hope it's not like The Unknown City though. That was more terrible than terrible. xD 

On 11/24/2018 at 4:36 AM, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

These trophies are a joke. I don't think you can even die in this game. 

Yeah, I'm a survival horror junkie and I think even I shall be skipping this one entirely. It just... it simply doesn't look good. Like, it *really* doesn't look any good!

From the trophies alone, one can easily tell that the devs did this on a shoestring budget and were lackadaisical about it all, or else wholly inexperienced and shorthanded when it came to modern game development. Now as fans of such horror titles,.we're all but entirely used to finding games in a similar such state - It's just that this one really, *really* looks awful on the surface.

Warning: Totally OFF-TOPIC reply regarding Resident Evil 2 follows:

So as a BTWz to BV2016's slightly off-topic comment over RE2...? RE2's price is absolutely no big deal! Read more about the game and it's ongoing development as more details come out approaching launch/release day: Wherein Capcom is now known to have had a staff of around 800 (!!!!!!!!!) people working on the title. I mean that's just something that is entirely unheard of for any game "simply" being updated to modern consoles by a studio. A crew of a couple of hundred folks at the very, very best? Sure... maybe, for some Call of Duty type of game where money's no object, but even that is a difficult pill to swallow. Yet having nearly some thousand souls who are all actively working on it? That's just... wow!!!

So as a result of this recent revelation right there, they've most clearly redone the whole game from the very absolute bottom all the way on up to the very tippity top - this is no mere "remake" or rerelease so much as a full fledged, entirely brand new Resident Evil title more in line with RE6 or RE7, or seen as something of an RE8. This, with the sole distinguishing caveat, however, how it just so happens to draw from a previous release and ever so *very loosely* follows some of the overall story/plot bulletpoints. 

My ultimate advice then, knowing we are still two whole months away from experiencing this firsthand for ourselves just now? Even so, get it, play it, love it: You likely won't have any regrets in the slightest if all the info/articles/previews released so far share any basis in reality. Don't let that price tag turn you away from so great an experience due to an underlying bias towards viewing remakes as something... far less involved/costly/worthwhile of an endeavor than any other "normal" contemporary AAA game. It should, at the very absolute least of all,.definitively wash out the ever so bitter taste of this title right here when you/we all finally get to do so!

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus. I was just watching a review of this game, trying to decide whether Paper Dolls, Deracine or this would be my next PSVR endeavor - the review said that it is 20 minutes of gameplay at best from one start to finish of the game.

Wtf?

How do you create a walking simulator for a game, and then only include 20 minutes of content?! Just... wow. Every dive deeper I go into this game - being on the fence about buying it, as a horror junky + VR junky who'll try almost anything like so, and faced with a decisive lack of such content - it manages to shock me ever more about just how seriously delusional the devs for this must've been.

I mean, if your resources are *that* lacking as an Indie dev -that *this* is the best you can do with no spare hands on deck + a massive lack of cash- maybe just don't even bother wasting your time...?

20. Minutes. Long.

I think that says it all - it probably took longer to read my two posts in this thread than it takes to play the damned game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/24/2018 at 4:36 AM, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

These trophies are a joke. I don't think you can even die in this game. 

It's not really a game. It's an experience. Alot of VR Experiences/Games don't have much to "play" Don't think of it as a game. Think of it as walking though a haunted house without leaving your couch. You'll enjoy it much more. For $5 it's not bad. VR is so new that Devs are all trying new things! 

• Like 2