[Just Cause 4] Digital Foundry First Look

Redgrave

Digital Foundry have made a video on Just Cause 4's nearly-final (going by the video description) PC build. Looking at the footage it looks really promising and my doubts about it being similar technical-wise to Just Cause 3 are going away. Of course it is the PC version and I will update the OP with their console video when it comes out for a more conclusive comparison. But right now it looks like a pretty good improvement over JC3. If the driving and flying aren't anywhere near as bad as they were in JC3 then I think I'm sold on this.

I also love the weather effects they have in it. The twister and dust storm look super cool to have big battles in.

Edit: They uploaded the video for consoles. I didn't get the notification they uploaded three days ago though. How embarrassing.

Edited by Redgrave

The explosions!! ?

Honestly if it wasn't for the bad framerate even in boost mode on the pro, jc3 would've been up there among one of the greatest games on ps4. Still had ginormous amounts of fun though. 

Will 100% get jc4. It's just a matter of when. Probably when they release the complete edition along with ironing out some bugs. Lol Rico at 4:32 was air walking :lol:

8 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

The explosions!! 1f60d.png

Honestly if it wasn't for the bad framerate even in boost mode on the pro, jc3 would've been up there among one of the greatest games on ps4. Still had ginormous amounts of fun though. 

Will 100% get jc4. It's just a matter of when. Probably when they release the complete edition along with ironing out some bugs. Lol Rico at 4:32 was air walking :lol:

I don't really remember the framerate being an issue when I played it on a regular PS4 except sometimes it would lag whenever a bunch of explosions went off at once.

But yeah, I had fun with JC3 too, but those driving mechanics and the wingsuit challenges were more stressful than fun. I really hope JC4 improved on those.

11 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I don't really remember the framerate being an issue when I played it on a regular PS4 except sometimes it would lag whenever a bunch of explosions went off at once.

But yeah, I had fun with JC3 too, but those driving mechanics and the wingsuit challenges were more stressful than fun. I really hope JC4 improved on those.

Really? Even on the pro it was pretty laggy at times when the physics objects start moving. 

But here's to hoping that jc4 fixes everything including yes, the driving and what not. 

2 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Really? Even on the pro it was pretty laggy at times when the physics objects start moving. 

But here's to hoping that jc4 fixes everything including yes, the driving and what not. 

It could have but I probably forgot since it's been a while since I played it. The last time I remember it really messing up was that DLC where you get the jet on your wingsuit. I remember the game would just start falling apart if you flew around with it too long. Like buildings started losing their textures and whatnot for some reason :P

Edited by Redgrave

Oh crap haha never had that happen to me :P but whenever I used the mech suit and pushed things with a forcefield, every item moved and my game would slow down considerably. 

I mean honestly it just boils down to the ps4 CPU bottleneck. The game is CPU demanding with its physics objects and the ps4's cpu is really bad compared to its GPU. 

@Redgrave

Edited by PooPooBlast