Rockstar details changes to game economy

MidnightDragon

R* has detailed the tweaks to the game economy. I noticed prices were lower in the catalog today and sales prices have increased some.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60735/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Week-1-Update?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=reddeadonline-week1&utm_content=newswire

If you're too lazy for a link:

Increasing the cash and gold payments across a number of different activities including Free Roam Missions, Free Roam Events, replays of A Land of Opportunities Missions, Showdown Series modes and more.

Reducing the prices of most weapons in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co Catalogue and Gunsmiths. For players that have already purchased weapons at the previous prices, we will automatically deposit the difference to player balances starting today - please look for an alert message the next time you log in to the Red Dead Online Beta to notify you of this change, refunds may take up until December 10th to reach all players.

Balancing the values of select pelts, skins and fish as well as horse reviver and pamphlets.

• Like 1

Just because I'm to impatient to wait until I get home...for those of us who haven't bought our horse stalls yet, does anyone know if those prices where decreased.  I don't see it mentioned but thought it was worth a shot to wait for this update.

50 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

Just because I'm to impatient to wait until I get home...for those of us who haven't bought our horse stalls yet, does anyone know if those prices where decreased.  I don't see it mentioned but thought it was worth a shot to wait for this update.

Doesn't look like it changed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the post.  At least I know my $178 refund for the Pump Action Shotgun I bought last night "should" be coming soon.  "Balancing the value of select skins, pelts and fish" = "we are nerfing hunting and fishing because we know it's the only way left to make $$$".  LMFAO, I just hopped on and did some fishing at my favorite salmon spot.  They just cut the value of salmon you get from the butcher from $4 down to $2.50, because it was one of the only remaining methods to more easily grind $$$.  

7 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Any idea what the fastest way to earn money is now post patch (now that they have reduced the price of salmon from 4 dollars to 2.50)

I am going to try some of the "Stranger" free roam missions today, and replay the final story mission.  If they haven't DRASTICALLY increased the rewards to balance the nerfed fishing and hunting, then I'm done with Red Dead 2 Online.  Screw the Platinum, the greedy pigs at Rockstar don't deserve any more of my time and real money with their broken, pay-to-win mess.  Not having paid the extra $40 for the ULTIMATE EDITION already makes the Online trophies a nightmarish level grind (4 day head start, free EXP bonuses, free shotgun, free horse, free clothes, etc).  And this is all before we know how the upcoming MICAH-Transactions are going to be priced.  

3 minutes ago, x7eight said:

Anybody get their $250 and 15 gold yet? 

There is a seperate thread about that.  I am worried Rockstar will just use that gift as a shield from criticism when they wipe out everyone's $$$ and gold late next week (anything above those values).  Hopefully they don't wipe out character rank EXP too, because the circus freak show that would ensue would be very bad for video games in general.  Not even Rockstar can be that greedy and stupid.

3 hours ago, Narniak said:

There is a seperate thread about that.  I am worried Rockstar will just use that gift as a shield from criticism when they wipe out everyone's $$$ and gold late next week (anything above those values).  Hopefully they don't wipe out character rank EXP too, because the circus freak show that would ensue would be very bad for video games in general.  Not even Rockstar can be that greedy and stupid.

They said no plans to. Don't be such a Negative Nancy!

Edited by Spyro