Make Online/Offline Trophies Sortable

This is NOT a duplicate of the suggestion listed here:

- https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/6565-online-required-for-platinum-bar/?hl=online

What I am suggesting, is we add an online/offline flag to every trophy going forward, and then retrograde the existing trophies.  For example, 360 and ps3 achievement/trophy roadmaps often list the number of Offline trophies/cheevos in relation to Online, and then the totals.  We could do something similar, but even better.  Currently under "Trophies (All)", we list "Earned, Unearned, and ALL".  Once flags for offline and online are logged we can sort via "Earned, Unearned, Offline, Online, and All".  This will help us prioritize ALL online trophies before Offline trophies, especially if we can see ALL Online trophies in relation to how long the game has been out, so we can ALL try to get as much percentage as possible.

Thanks for reading.  See the attached picture for context menu placement.

post-41290-0-10542800-1370293549_thumb.png

• Like 3

Cool idea. I suggested something similar for "story-related" trophies. These types of features require user feedback which leaves a lot of room for error (same with my idea). While this could be a useful feature, I doubt it will make it into the development to-do list. The risk vs reward might be too outweighed by the risk of bad data.

I could see myself using this feature though ;)

On a similar note, I'd like to be able to filter my game ranks (ie Show all games in my list that are not S rank). Currently, the complete / incomplete filter hides my games that have been Platinumed even though I don't have the 100%.

The filter could be checkboxes that allow you to pick one or more ranks to display.

• Like 2

Just a thought, but isn't a large majority of the stats automatic, Sly has made it easily readable. If Sony don't tell you that a trophy is an online trophy, not sure how that would work to be honest - user input to say it is an online trophy isn't usually successfull as people do like to troll ;)

• Like 2

Well, then we don't allow trolls to volunteer to do mature things.  Just reading the trophy list should allow someone to reasonably know whether it's online or offline. And even if they got it wrong on the first pass, it could be edited later.  If all trophies had offline/online flags, and the drop down sorted, then it WOULD BE automatic.  Just like it is now.  Sly wouldn't have to do anything manual to accomplish this other than write the original code, test it, and improve it.  But he does that everyday.  It would be a unique feature much like Custom Trophy Cards and Game Sessions that sets this place apart from the rest of the trophy sites. And I think Sly could do it and make it just as user-friendly as it is now.

• Like 3

Well, then we don't allow trolls to volunteer to do mature things.  Just reading the trophy list should allow someone to reasonably know whether it's online or offline. And even if they got it wrong on the first pass, it could be edited later.  If all trophies had offline/online flags, and the drop down sorted, then it WOULD BE automatic.  Just like it is now.  Sly wouldn't have to do anything manual to accomplish this other than write the original code, test it, and improve it.  But he does that everyday.  It would be a unique feature much like Custom Trophy Cards and Game Sessions that sets this place apart from the rest of the trophy sites. And I think Sly could do it and make it just as user-friendly as it is now.

Agreed.  This is a feature that's not present on PS3Trophies.  Anything that makes trophy hunter's life easier is a good idea.  Currently I have to manually determine which trophy is online and which one is offline.  The only thing to remember is that there are some trophies which can be done both online and offline (like certain gun kills in RDR).  In those cases I'd default them to offline (unless you want to add 'both' category).

Edited by Eternal21

Ok looks like I'll push the train of thought further then, and please this is only me blurting out rubbish so feel free to scoff afterwards ...

Whether or not PS3Trophies, or another psn site has a function shouldn't be a reason to add it. The core basis of this site is psn stats (rarity, trophy advisor) and it is where the effort is being put at the moment. The thing about stats is that they can't really be user inputted, as that can create user error.

If you want to prioritise trophies because they are online, most guides could tell you that at a glance also, and at this time this site doesn't have guides and therefore I would say that at the moment it's obviously not a priority. I would actually also like to point out (after someone else pointed it out to me) that a lot of trophies do not have tips, which I would suggest means all the more that people are not here for that kind of information.

Most people here actually use the site for the stat functionality and get guides from other websites, hell some of the guide authors also spend time here !

I could see some interesting stats that could be pulled out of it, but is the effort and time involved worth it ? (open question, not a bash)

I'm not trying to take a pop at anyone here, just trying to explain, what to me, seems like the core of this website and what I think Sly is working on.

Whether or not I' think it's a good idea doesn't really matter. I'm sure that if Sly finds this to be an interesting option, he'll ponder on how to add it and one day you'll have a shiny new box.

• Like 2

I really love this idea.  I'm the type of gamer that hates any online bases trophies.  I love to play on my own at my own leisure.  Anything that would help me sift through whatever is an online and offline trophy would help me tremendously.  

I love how people's main argument against improvements is always 'OMG TROLLS WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING!!111!!'.  They're forgetting that 99.9% of people are just here to help and get help.  It wouldn't take much to get volunteers to manually identify onilne/offline trophies.  Hell - I can do it for every single game in my list.  Not only that - I'll indicate how many people you need to boost each respective trophy and estimated time.  Either have volunteers, or restrict to premium users if you're so scared of people not following the rules.  And you absolutely want to differentiate yourself from PS3Trophies instead of duplicating functionality.  It's for the same reason I don't think this site should even attempt writing guides at this point (and it's also the reason why tips are not being used).

Edited by Eternal21
  • Like 1

I think this is a larger priority than some are bothering to weigh.  Your example of the lack of tips as a means to invalidate this feature actually validates it more than takes away from it.  People use the site for stat tracking, automatic integration for premium members, trophy cards, and UI. These are reasons this site IMO is separated from the pack by a large margin. It's true a lot of people don't write or use tips here because GUIDES are at several other websites.  However, IMO, the tip section also need more work before you can completely discount it. The only one tip per trophy and inability to "like" it when you are actually READING it for the first time causes the tips to be minimal and unappreciated, respectively.  Once we add features that set us apart and make us better than PS3trophies, Playfire, and other sites that were in this landscape FIRST, then we can start doing the things everyone else does because we already have the leg up.  This website, by far, attracts some very hardcore completionists more so other websites I've been exposed to the last couple of years.  And while I'm not at that level with most of them, I would like to list ALL of the Online trophies I have yet to complete, and start working on the oldest games I have. This is a priority to some gamers because that will essentially PRIORITIZE your next trophies for you if you are interested in getting your trophies in the most efficient way possible, as in get them before they become unobtainable.

These features will not only set us apart, but attract high value customers that use other websites daily but don't have the usability of PSNprofiles.

• Like 1

I'm all about trying to improve the site, but if you seriously can't figure out if a trophy is offline/online (in most games) by simply reading the trophy, then it's your fault.

Sigh...  Following your reasoning, there is no need for PSNProfiles then, because I can get most of the information just by looking at my trophy list on PS3.  I guess some concepts go completely over people's heads.

Edited by Eternal21

Sigh...  Following your reasoning, there is no need for PSNProfiles then, because I can get most of the information just by looking at my trophy list on PS3.  I guess some concepts go completely over people's heads.

No, fool.  I understand the concept completely.  It's just that there shouldn't be a need for extra stuff that should be obvious.

No, fool.  I understand the concept completely.  It's just that there shouldn't be a need for extra stuff that should be obvious.

Not trying to offend you or anything here but what is obvious to you, may not be another. You have to try and view from a different point of view, maybe little less aggressive standpoint.

I understand what both of you are trying to convey but no need to go and call a person a fool over it. Just my input.

As for this idea, it is on the right track but ultimately user feedback can bring it down.

Note. Yes Trolls are nuisance but they should not be main reasoning from people's views for not doing this, Eternal is right to get volunteers to aid in it though.

Edited by BSAA_Operative