I am so confused, and need an explanation

Maahniac

I can't figure out this mess. I got both Hitman 1 and 2 for Christmas. Now, I've noticed that about 50% of the Hitman 2 trophies are the same as Hitman 1. So... 

HUH? 

If I install my physical Hitman Definitive Edition, and then Hitman 2, I can play both games in Hitman 2?

If I complete all trophies in Hitman 1, will I then have to do them again in Hitman 2, or do they somehow stack? 

Are there trophies in Hitman 1 that aren't in Hitman 2?

If I play everything in Hitman 2, can I start with the Hitman 1 missions (so I play everything chronologically?) 

I'd appreciate if anyone could give me a streamlined explanation, and maybe recommend me what to do? Thanks in advance, and happy new year! 

They will be different applications on the ps4. You can only play the game that is for the application. 

They are 2 different games which means two different lists. Playing Hitman 1 only unlocks trophies for the Hitman 1 Trophy List.

For any progress in Hitman 2 trophies you will have to play Hitman 2

On 1.01.2019 at 1:20 PM, Maahniac said:

So It's not really worth it to play through Hitman 1? I'll be fine simply playing Legacy missions in Hitman 2?

Oh ok, did you just ignore 1 then, and only play 2?

Yes, just play Hitman 2. You will have whole content there. Trophies dont transfer from 1st to 2nd.

If you will be eager to get more trophies, you can play hitman 1 later as you will know well maps from Hitman 1.

Still you need to install 1st hitman to get hidden download link to legacy missions in Hitman 2.

Edited by Mizdig_

I've been playing both hitman 1 and 2 at the same time to get all the trophies. The good thing with the legacy maps is because they are the same, when you go through them the second time, you can get all the trophies for 1 dlc pack in approx 2 to 3 hours if you make minimal mistakes due to your knowledge of the first playthrough. You can almost attempt some of the kills you didn't do the first time - these games have great value in terms of replay and are very fun. 

Also, making strategic manual saves as set kills up can save you plenty of time. 

If you really enjoy the game, I'd suggest doing both of them.