Got the "Perfectionist" Trophy after only getting two endings

wilwheaton5

Wanted to post this as a possible tip for anyone going for the "Perfectionist" trophy. Years ago when I originally played this game I got the Ultimate Sacrifice ending but none of the others. Now today when I was playing, my plan was to go for the Dark Ritual ending then get the other two endings involving Loghain and Alistar. However, when I beat the final boss, the perfectionist trophy popped and I got the platinum! Don't know how this happened as I have only beaten this game twice, but I guess it was a welcomed miracle! 

I don't know if it was a glitch or the fact that only two of the endings (the ones I did) have trophies tied to them so maybe the game got tricked into thinking I had all the endings. I'm not sure, but I wanted to post this to anyone who wants maybe save some time and not have to fight the final boss 4 times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

I think it's always been a little wonky. I was one of the first to get the plat in this game, and I'm positive I got this trophy without getting 4 endings. I think I got 2, just like you (Loghain dies and Morrigan dark ritual).

At least for once it's a good trophy glitch and doesn't prevent you from getting it like other games usually do lol But ya I've been researching and apparently this has been an occurrence with a few people. Good to know for someone who may decide they want to go for the plat! 

34 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

At least for once it's a good trophy glitch and doesn't prevent you from getting it like other games usually do lol But ya I've been researching and apparently this has been an occurrence with a few people. Good to know for someone who may decide they want to go for the plat! 

Traveler was the one to watch out for back in the day. Good luck with the trophies if you go for the plat!

I haven't even watched two endings of the main game and got the trophy. After my first playthrough I played the Darkspawn and the Leliana DLC and when I loaded up my Maingame endgame save, to see if I got the Armor transferred and prep for the next DLC, the perfectionist trophy popped. I was just standing in the camp doing nothing... bling :)

Edited by Savyna

On 1/17/2019 at 0:25 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Traveler was the one to watch out for back in the day. Good luck with the trophies if you go for the plat!

And Blight Qweller!  That one's a hassle. 

DA:O is one of my favorite games, and back when I played it on the 360, I didn't pop that trophy.  Traveler popped without issue, if I remember correctly.  If it's not one, it's another, I guess.  (So happy people are still playing this shining example of a great game with great story telling.)  I have the ultimate edition on PS3, and am waiting for just the right time to play it.  Nice job, @wilwheaton5!

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 4:39 PM, Savyna said:

I haven't even watched two endings of the main game and got the trophy. After my first playthrough I played the Darkspawn and the Leliana DLC and when I loaded up my Maingame endgame save, to see if I got the Armor transferred and prep for the next DLC, the perfectionist trophy popped. I was just standing in the camp doing nothing... bling :)

Oh wow, that's very interesting! I remember also going through those dlcs originally but I never reloaded my endgame save. 

On 1/23/2019 at 4:46 PM, IntroPhenom said:

And Blight Qweller!  That one's a hassle. 

DA:O is one of my favorite games, and back when I played it on the 360, I didn't pop that trophy.  Traveler popped without issue, if I remember correctly.  If it's not one, it's another, I guess.  (So happy people are still playing this shining example of a great game with great story telling.)  I have the ultimate edition on PS3, and am waiting for just the right time to play it.  Nice job, @wilwheaton5!

Don't need to tell me twice! Very annoying to get! Thankfully the farming method recommended in the guide works pretty well. 

Its one of my favourites as well! Easily in my top 5 favourite RPG games! I got my traveller trophy years ago during my first playthrough, back when I wasn't a serious trophy hunter. I feel bad though for all the people who have had to struggle to get it, and am glad I didn't have to deal with it recently! Thanks @IntroPhenom!

• Like 1