Master Egyptologist 2.0

Arcane_legion

I understand that's it's glitched, but the first topic doesn't say how, why or a work around and yet people are still getting a trophy.

Like many newcomers to the game I got this a a PlayStation plus game.

When I look at a slab... all I see is a SLAB, there is no text, there is no transformation or translation. IT DOES NOT I repeat NOT do anything like it does in the YouTube videos. No text appears.

I simply star at the slab. How do I get it to register, how long do I have to stare at it.

I have moved forward, backward, off to the side, shot the slab, tried different weapons and scopes. I have deleted the game data, ran the game with the patch without the patch. Uninstalled it, re-installed it.

Tried co-op, where my partner read the slabs. Nothing

Does actual text appear for those who have gotten a trophy? Is there a way to get a working copy? What settings do I have to change?

Any feedback, help, etc. will be appreciated, thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I will tell you how I got it first thing it's only one chapter that have glitch and it's on level 9. The video are missing 4 or 5 more in the same level it's only show 1-1 text and this wrong better to see another video anyway to have this done I remember move around the looking camera not your charter yes you need to move it around a little  but until you have good spot then work on it slowly using both unlog gear then it should apply the text then hold it hopefully this helps you

Edited by DEYBAJ

All of the Serious Sam 3 collectible videos are for the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game, thus are almost completely useless where the PS3 release is concerned because many of the collectibles are either in different places, not there at all or bugged to high heaven :(. Here's what I wrote in our Guide on PST:

GLITCHED

Although rare, it is possible for this trophy to glitch and not pop. If it does glitch, then all you can do is re-decipher all 21 texts from scratch. Although rare, it is possible for this trophy to glitch and not pop. If it does glitch, then all you can do is re-decipher all 21 texts from scratch. There is also another, fortunately rare, glitch whereby the translated text will jump around and not display properly. We have no idea how this affects the trophy or how to fix it. Credit to Milanzzo for this info and the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGB5LGSyevA

Notes:

• The range on your decipher ability is fairly long so you don't have to get that close to a text for it to be deciphered unless you're looking for the invisible texts, in which case you have to be practically on top of them for it to work.
  • There are 25 Egyptian texts in total but you only need to find 21 of them since 4 of the texts in Episode 9: The Power of the Underworld are duplicates of earlier ones and don't count, which also makes this trophy description very misleading.

To decipher a text, you just need to place your crosshair on it for a few seconds until all the Hieroglyphs on it are deciphered but unfortunately, there isn't a way of tracking which ones you have and have not done so you will need to keep a written or mental note of your progress. We're not sure if the deciphered texts will auto save or if you have to finish the episode for them to count.

See here for a video walkthrough (credit to Trooper250 for this):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDRDYzv3X48

The above video is for the PC version of the game and still applies to the PS3 but with 1 major caveat i.e all the texts in Episode 9: The Power of the Underworld are invisible due to a glitch and the duplicate of Text 13, doesn't exist at all due to being removed for reasons unknown. Due to the invisibility problem, you will have to slowly move your crosshair backwards and forwards across the text until it deciphers.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your responses. I just can't see anything on the screen. I see the hub, the heart anytime you pick up armor health etc. But if I point my gun at something and that is supposed to trigger text or subtitles or something. Nothing shows up. The funny thing was I had a friend go through the game with me 2 times went back to all the tablets, had me stand where he did, point my  gun in the same direction and nothing showed up on my screen. He said he saw something on his and both copies were from PSN plus... so something is broken somewhere

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2019 at 6:43 PM, HuntingFever said:

All of the Serious Sam 3 collectible videos are for the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game, thus are almost completely useless where the PS3 release is concerned because many of the collectibles are either in different places, not there at all or bugged to high heaven

I would not say that there are too many of them. I used this PC video-guide for the secrets and counted only 4 differences (+ one for the glitched Egyptian texts in Episode 9). I've made a small video-guide that covers all of them, maybe it will come in handy to somebody.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 4/10/2019 at 5:23 PM, scFlinT-us said:

I would not say that there are too many of them. I used this PC video-guide for the secrets and counted only 4 differences (+ one for the glitched Egyptian texts in Episode 9). I've made a small video-guide that covers all of them, maybe it will come in handy to somebody.

thank you