Assassins Creed Re Release = no trophies

oscar_383

Just read on IGN that Assassins Creed revelations will include a copy of the origional Assassins Creed but will still NOT have trophy support.

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Oh well, despite the fact it's encouraging people to buy the new Assassin's Creed... at least it's not a completely money grubbing venture like trying to re-release the same damn game for the 50th time and still neglecting to add trophies.

The vast majority of customers don't really care about trophies. The game is almost four years old.

Technically what he said is correct even if only two people cared about trophies. Customers are customers.

That said, the only viable argument against adding trophies, or at least not berating them for not adding trophies, is that it's not worth the time and effort. With that in mind I would like to point out a few things.

1. Your knowledge of the percent of gamers who really care about trophies and the actual amount are probably not the same.

2. These developers built the game from the ground up, and have built multiple sequels also mostly from the ground up. I find it hard to believe that adding a few triggers to unlock certain trophies at certain times would be an obnoxiously tedious task, especially considering there's an Xbox version with similar Achievement logic. It's not like they're grabbing people off the street and saying "here's the code, add trophies". These people are intelligent professionals that looked at and built this code for years during the games development.

3. While not the majority, there are a LOT of people that care about achievements/trophies. Re-releasing a game that previously had no trophies, with trophies, will not only bring on people that have sort of ignored the series (which is pretty much the only reason to re-release games anyways...) but it will also encourage people who already own the game to pay a little money for a "trophy patch". You're kidding yourself if you think there aren't a good chunk of gamers that would do that, especially seeing as Assassin's Creed is a very popular series.

Technically what he said is correct even if only two people cared about trophies. Customers are customers.

That said, the only viable argument against adding trophies, or at least not berating them for not adding trophies, is that it's not worth the time and effort. With that in mind I would like to point out a few things.

1. Your knowledge of the percent of gamers who really care about trophies and the actual amount are probably not the same.

2. These developers built the game from the ground up, and have built multiple sequels also mostly from the ground up. I find it hard to believe that adding a few triggers to unlock certain trophies at certain times would be an obnoxiously tedious task, especially considering there's an Xbox version with similar Achievement logic. It's not like they're grabbing people off the street and saying "here's the code, add trophies". These people are intelligent professionals that looked at and built this code for years during the games development.

3. While not the majority, there are a LOT of people that care about achievements/trophies. Re-releasing a game that previously had no trophies, with trophies, will not only bring on people that have sort of ignored the series (which is pretty much the only reason to re-release games anyways...) but it will also encourage people who already own the game to pay a little money for a "trophy patch". You're kidding yourself if you think there aren't a good chunk of gamers that would do that, especially seeing as Assassin's Creed is a very popular series.

I agree with what you're saying mostly. However, there's a high demand of the old school games. Which is why Sony releasing them back on the PS3 and more money ultimately. Most folks have the slim version of the PS3, which obviously isn't totally backwards compatible like the older models...

The first Assassins Creed was pretty much the game that made me get a ps3. I know I completed it atleast 3 times. I guess I liked it more than most people did. It is however hard to play now, since I have played 2 and brotherhood with all the added combat, weapons, chasebreakers and so on. Added trophies for me is the only way I think this game will get another playthru from me.