Any background on this game?

o_BAD_RELIGION_o

Im also a big fan of playing vball and played some in high school and wish I was good enough to go into college but it wasn't meant to be :P

But found this trailer that seems nice but interested in the price and mechanics of this game before I try and get it:

Also found a polygon article about it as well: https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/4/18168539/spike-volleyball-ps4-pc-xbox-one-steam-release-date

• Like 2

I'm very surprised by this. I wasn't expecting it at all!

Volleyball is my favorite sport! 

Last decent volleyball games I have played were Dig n Spike Volleyball and Hyper V Ball (Snes).

This one does not have good visuals, but I hope for an addictive and fun gameplay. 

Edited by DION3TO

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got it because I wanted to really play this on from start to finish and Im kind of regretting it as there are a lot of buggy parts to it and I just realized there is an online part to the trophies which might be harder to get if no on is on (but might be better for sessions since you can team up with someone else and see if you both get into a match). Not sure how long it will take to get or how the online part is but it seems that the steam version is having similar issues and reviews related to the problems it has now.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/738550/Spike_Volleyball/

I would recommend to hold off on getting this game for now but if you do not want to worry about the trophies, then the game is good but be prepared for bugs and such.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Bought this game finally on discount.

It is decent, if buggy. I was hoping it would be a tighter experience, but it is kind of random. Blocking is pretty hit or miss, you can't quite plan good blocking schemes, and defensive schemes are non-existent. There have been several times during a match points have been scored in ways that would never be possible in a real game, or even physically possible. Still, I find it fun to play. Trophies are difficult without a player base.

Edited by o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Spelling
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...