USB Microphone to avoid headphones in party chat?

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

Hey there, I know I will look very weird asking this and describing why I ask, but, whatever, we're all different kind of human beings right LOL so.... (read at the bottom to avoid the poem ?)

I have never used earphones and headphones in my life, even just to listen to music because they bother me and I have a kind of hypersensitivity to sounds (and when I'm stressed or I haven't slept enough, it transforms in real hyperacusis and common and ordinary things in real life, even the sound of glasses and dishes, they all become like a deep stab in my brain and ears with a large knife)

So playing online games with other people, boosting trophies with them in PS4 Party function somedays is impossible for me and I'm forced to not use headphones. I even have headphones which can control the speakers volume of the other people talking but even just having headphones in my head, becomes uncomfortable, like they're choking my head.

So, I started asking myself: there is an USB microphone that can be sticked inside PS4's USB ports so the party members can hear me and at the same time, hear their voices on my TV's speakers?

Even if the game sounds go away and I can only hear their voices it doesn't matter, because I anyway play videogames even when I'm alone without sound LOL

Thanks!

Maybe a stupid suggestion but the ps4 camera has a microphone. Also you can look up how to configure the input out and output of your audio. There definitely are enough usb microphones and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there are enough microphones that are compatible with the ps4. I don't have any experience with this but just look it up on google. Just did that and found enough info about this situation.

Anyway good luck with it

Ps: it's the other way around for me. Sound needs to be loud for me as I'm wearing hearing aids otherwise I'm pretty much deaf :). Very happy that I found a GOOD and comfortable headset that doesn't mess up with my hearing aids. But understanding people is way harder than hearing people during games if you know what I'm saying.

Edited by QrazorQ

Yeah, the PS4 camera sounds like what you want. Your PS4 will default to it with no other audio input/output device on. However, your party will probably hate you because it will play everything back to them, even there own voices and the video game sounds. That will be an issue with anything you choose.

Umm, have you tried the ear phones headsets? Like the one that comes with a vita? It plugs into your controller and it doesn't go over your head at all- you just shove the little "head" into one of your ears. 

My headphones turn up so loud, I can crank it up and hear everything perfectly with them just around my neck. That could also be an option. 

Using some sort of headphones is unavoidable, if you want to be in party chat with others. Otherwise all the audio you hear, everyone else in the chat hears as well, which is just plain disrespectful and inconsiderate. The PS4 cam is no different in that regard. Using it without headphones it picks up every sound in your surroundings and blasts them back to everyone in the chat

You also speak of 2 very different reasons for not wanting to use headphones. One being, that they are too tight, in which case you should just use the ear bud ones. The other is because your sensitive to sound, in which case you could maybe just try adjusting the volume sliders in the audio options. It also comes down to the quality of the headset, if you use anything relatively cheap as headphones, they're bound to become really uncomfortable after wearing them for a while. It's one of the rare cases where I've experienced that the more expensive they are the more comfortable they are, and I've used headsets ranging from 10€ -100€.

Edited by voodoo_eyes