Testipoju

Any estimate of time and difficulty?

10 posts in this topic

As the title says, does anyone know the time and difficulty to 100% this game?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to say, there's no in-game timer & I didn't really think of it as difficult but it's not free, you've got to use a bit of strategy later on down the track. I got through most of the game with the beach ball/fork gun/flame combo & it felt kind of slow & inefficient. I didn't have to grind, just paid attention to the objectives for extra cash. You can use the refund mechanic in the shop (gives you back all the money you spent on a previous upgrade) to make some of the objectives much easier.

 

Anyway, 20-40 hours minimum I reckon. All for a 100%. I find it interesting the psn percentages are so much higher. This does seem more like something a casual gamer would complete naturally over time (it's a pretty addictive game) whereas a trophy hunter would not consider it 'good value' considering the poor points payoff. I really loved the audio visual aspect & thought the gameplay was very enjoyable but it's extremely repetitive on the way to 100 days completed. 

 

BTW 100 days is 300 levels. I don't want to discourage anyone but that's the reality. Also I played this on Vita with the touch screen & have no idea what pad controls would be like, but I can't imagine they would be better in any way.

 

I hope at least a few people try this game & maybe someone might even come up with a better strat than my beach ball/fork/flame setup. I'd be interested to know if it happens.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, readytofuky said:

I find it interesting the psn percentages are so much higher. This does seem more like something a casual gamer would complete naturally over time (it's a pretty addictive game) whereas a trophy hunter would not consider it 'good value' considering the poor points payoff.

 

This is usually more of an indication that not many people played/bought the game, but the people hacking Vita trophies in bulk boost the PSN completion up massively.

 

There are unobtainable platinums that have 15% completion on PSN for example. Then there's games like Scintillatron 4096 that have 0% completion on PSNP for Vita and PS4, but the Vita plat is at 43% on PSN while the PS4 plat is at 2%.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IDiivil said:

 

This is usually more of an indication that not many people played/bought the game, but the people hacking Vita trophies in bulk boost the PSN completion up massively.

 

There are unobtainable platinums that have 15% completion on PSN for example. Then there's games like Scintillatron 4096 that have 0% completion on PSNP for Vita and PS4, but the Vita plat is at 43% on PSN while the PS4 plat is at 2%.

 

The game definitely has to have a tiny player base. I have a boxed copy which, after shipping & conversion fees only worked out a little bit more expensive than it was on the store. It's one of the most overpriced digital games I've seen for sure.

 

I did consider the hacking thing because here it says 5 people have completed it but only 3 of us show up on the leaderboard which I assume means the other two hacked it(?). I can see why someone would get to day 30 & think 'fuck 100 days' but still, it's not like the game is really difficult. I will never understand why people bother hacking trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently working my way up to day 100, currently on day 56... I like the game, but 100 days means a lot of grinding for that trophy.

 

At first it may look a bit unforgiven, but once you find a strategy that works for you, it gets easier. My current weapons are dragon/beach ball/sine. The first two for attack and the last one mainly for defense.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xBest_1989x said:

I'm currently working my way up to day 100, currently on day 56... I like the game, but 100 days means a lot of grinding for that trophy.

 

At first it may look a bit unforgiven, but once you find a strategy that works for you, it gets easier. My current weapons are dragon/beach ball/sine. The first two for attack and the last one mainly for defense.

 

 

Can you guess how long you have played so far? Or how long it will take for you to 100%?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2019 at 1:42 PM, xBest_1989x said:

I'm currently working my way up to day 100, currently on day 56... I like the game, but 100 days means a lot of grinding for that trophy.

 

At first it may look a bit unforgiven, but once you find a strategy that works for you, it gets easier. My current weapons are dragon/beach ball/sine. The first two for attack and the last one mainly for defense.

 

 

 

Nice! Thanks for posting, I've wanted to hear another perspective on this game. When I was playing I thought the Sine gun would make a nice replacement for the fork gun, maybe even better since the spikes do damage but I was so stuck in my ways. In the back of my mind I kept wondering if there was an aggressive all-offence setup but didn't want to fail too many times to find out. Death can come so fast in the later days. Anyway since you've already made a ton of progress it's just a matter of time before you do the 100 days. Hope everything goes smoothly with that!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 1:36 AM, Testipoju said:

Can you guess how long you have played so far? Or how long it will take for you to 100%?

 

Probably what readytofuky said, between 20 and 40 hours, depending on your skills.

 

4 hours ago, readytofuky said:

 

Nice! Thanks for posting, I've wanted to hear another perspective on this game. When I was playing I thought the Sine gun would make a nice replacement for the fork gun, maybe even better since the spikes do damage but I was so stuck in my ways. In the back of my mind I kept wondering if there was an aggressive all-offence setup but didn't want to fail too many times to find out. Death can come so fast in the later days. Anyway since you've already made a ton of progress it's just a matter of time before you do the 100 days. Hope everything goes smoothly with that!

 

Yeah, I have found that the sine gun works better for my style of play. Idk about an all offensive set, the speed at which you lose health at later days is too violent to not have some kind of defense lol. At the beginning I was using dragon/flame - vegetable - snowball, but that combination worked until like day 25.

 

These past days I've been playing just some bits here and there, so I haven't advanced much, iirc I'm on day 63. I guess it's better that way, as I was starting to burn out on the game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just completed Day 10 - once I found a rhythm I started enjoying this and completing 1-2 days per session.
My current weapons are:
- Flame Gun (Lvl 6)
- Penguin Gun (Lvl 6)
- Beach Ball Gun (Lvl 8) or Sine Gun (Lvl 5)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just 100% the game.

Flame gun (lvl 14), Penguin gun and Beach Ball gun (lvl15), but after 60th day, I've used Fork gun instead Penguin gun (keeped at level 1, is enough) only in special mode: very useful to stop enemy bullets!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.